Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys , did anyone checked the BMW Forum on http://www.bmwboard.com/ .
BM's owners seems to be from a different world . All our threads are about complains while they have nothing to complain about :devil:
I think Cadillac should look more into this and check how many of their clients are still loyal .
After driving only Cadillac’s since 1991 , and after having my 2006 STS AWD , you can count me out . this is my last one . I didn’t buy a 100,000 $ car( with the high import tax in my country ) to experience troubles . I regret the minute I decided to sell my 1998 STS , it was really the perfect car and I hope the new owner will respect her .

·
Registered
45 Posts
nasser said:
Guys , did anyone checked the BMW Forum on http://www.bmwboard.com/ .
BMW's owners seems to be from a different world . All our threads are about complains while they have nothing to complain about :devil:
I think Cadillac should look more into this and check how many of their clients are still loyal .
After driving only Cadillac’s since 1991 , and after having my 2006 STS WAD , you can count me out . this is my last one . I didn’t buy a 100,000 $ car( with the high import tax in my country ) to experience troubles . I regret the minute I decided to sell my 1998 STS , it was really the perfect car and I hope the new owner will respect her .
nasser, I respect your disappointment, but the undertone comes across as emotion. There are many satisfied Cadillac owners on this forum including myself and, after riding in my neighbor's BMW, am still a Cadillac fan.

·
Registered
'06 STS V8 RWD - Black Raven/Cashmere - no ACC
316 Posts
I don't see that many problems mentioned in this forum.. Even the mentioned problems are mostly minor.... There are some owners here who had their STS for more than a year.. they are fully satisfied... I'm satisfied with mine...

I also don't think that you will find a BMW with same price as Caddy and same specs... I compared both cars at the same price STS vs. 5-Series... STS is much better...

Plus.. one of my friends owns a BMW 7-series... a problem after the other... his car was dead 3 times and it still not reached 15k miles...

·
Registered
80 Posts
We must be looking at different forums. I've seen far more problems on the BMW forum. I've had my STS over a year with no problems except flakey VR. VR problems exist on BMW's too, as was shown in a PBS program. My neighbor got a new 5-series last year and kept it only several months before getting rid of his problems.

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
Find me a car manufacturer without problems of one sort or another. Even the simplest automobiles are very complex pieces of machinery.

A car forum with no problems mentioned is populated by liars. [/confucious]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, I have an 05 STS, with the exception of a bad VR, which was replaced and Cadillac extended my OnStar service for an extra year for my trouble at no charge, I have had no problems. I love the car. I visited the BMW forums, and I did discover problems:
520i electrical/power problems
right side exterior mirror wobbles
Battery Draining (E34)
steering problem at idle RPM
And these posts were only some of the problems on the first page.
I guess what I am saying is, every car will have problems, espcially today with electronics play a major role. The only question is, how many problems will you encounter. What makes the experience is how the dealer treats you.

·
Banned
2008 CTS
1,192 Posts
I have to chime in as a satisfied long time Cadillac owner. Sure we bitch and moan but that doesn't mean we don't love the cars. I have never really had a bad experience with Cadillac. Every Cadillac I have owned since 1989 has been a pleasure to own and drive.

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
925 Posts
malcolm said:
I have to chime in as a satisfied long time Cadillac owner. Sure we bitch and moan but that doesn't mean we don't love the cars. I have never really had a bad experience with Cadillac. Every Cadillac I have owned since 1989 has been a pleasure to own and drive.

Agreed 100% (Except I've only been an owner since '91). I've joked that this one is "pay-back" for all the others not giving me any problems at all.

And I know quite a few people who are loyal to BMW and they all say get rid of them before the warranty expires. In the past when I've mentioned that I might trade for a BMW, their response is always--Why?, You drive a Cadillac.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ive only ever owned bmws since i starte driving. My next car is, well, not going to be BMW. I love old bmws but the newer they are the less reliable they are from what Ive seen. I am an active member of my local bmw owners club and I know alot of people who after sitting down and thinking about it have alot of small gripes about their e46's and the likes.

Come feb, I'm personally moving to either cadillac or porsche, haven't decided yet. Practicality or fun...

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
It was my BMW ownership experience that got me into my first Cadillac 2 years ago ! While my BMW's were great handeling cars and very powerful , they had way too many problems. As a matter of fact my '01 BMW X5 spent an average of 1 day in the shop per month for the term of my 36 month lease.

I own an '05 STS AWD V8 and my wife drives an '04 SRX V8 and they are the most enjoyable , most reliable cars we have ever owned. It is an added bonus that they are also stunning to look at. After 33,000 miles on the SRX and 24,000 on my STS it is offical, I am a Cadillac buff and will probably never buy another brand. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went from a M3 into 06 STS and couldnt be happier. Of coarse like any product the consumer can always find flaws or extras to make better but then again this is how we evolve.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have to agree with most of the comments on this forum. This 05 sts is my first cadillac and I couldn't be happier. My wife has a 05 escalade and she couldn't be happier. This is a forum for cadillac owners and as such we are like family,so any problems or issues are shared among us.

·
Registered
04 CTS
110 Posts
I used to chat on the Mercedes forum when I had my SL before the CTS. If anyone were to lurk there they'd think every Mercedes was full of trouble. For mostly satisfied customers, check out the Lexus forum.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts