Cadillac Owners Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

· Registered
96 FWB
32 Posts
this is a bit late,but i am sitting here looking at the feb 04 issue of carcraft & on pg 82 they do some basic mods to a 9c1 showing dyno tests at each step.basic stuff that showed 18 hp & 14lbft. at the rear wheels.i'll be starting with these things as soon as it warms up a bit.

· Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,248 Posts
maksitfaster said:
this is a bit late,but i am sitting here looking at the feb 04 issue of carcraft & on pg 82 they do some basic mods to a 9c1 showing dyno tests at each step.basic stuff that showed 18 hp & 14lbft. at the rear wheels.i'll be starting with these things as soon as it warms up a bit.
Your post would only be late if you posted after the magazine was no longer for sale! :D

Heading to Walmart now!!

· Registered
96 FWB
32 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
I'd like to hear more about this.. Sounds very interesting...
for the most part it consisted of a 160 fan switch & t-stat,& a k&n cold air kit.they even left on home base.i'd say a pretty good return for minimal money & effort.

· Registered
30 Posts
Headers. Headers. Headers.

The B-Body headers will work on D-bodies all day long. I'd look there quickly too. Export pipes are often recommended (Cat Delete) but dyno'ing has show a small torque loss for a few hp. Really not worth the money.

Hmm, what else.. I'll think on it.. and get back to you. :)

· Registered
1994 Fleetwood Brougham, dark Adriatic Blue Metallic
183 Posts
toomanytoyz said:
I swear I miss out on a ton of posts because of that damn "view new posts" button. I only surf by using that, but if I do happen to look into the individual areas, theres a TON of stuff I miss!!!! :mad:

/rant

Sorry 'bout that! Had to vent!

Sal, the biggest restrictions for the stock motor are the intake and exhaust. You can easily open up about 15-20 horses if you "fix" both those poblems. :) If you delete home plate and first base (look at your engine and you'll see what I mean) and swiss cheese or cut out the stock airbox, it'll help A LOT! A plain old hockey puck will take car of home plate. I used two 45* 3" pvc bends and a 2" piece of pvc and a 3" rubber coupler (Home Depot, less than 10 bucks) to eliminate "1st base" by making a short "S" shaped path. And the airbox, just cut out the bottom side and front and you'll realy wake the car up. The stock mufflers are very restrictive too. I use Summit Turbo mufflers ($14.75 each!) to replace the stockers. The sound great and an exhaust shop should be able to install them for less than 50 bucks. And they don't intrude, noise wise. But you'll get PLENTY of compliments on the sound.

Also, the throttle body coolant bypass helps out too, and it's a free mod. There's a coolant line that runs from the coolant tank to the TB that circulates hot coolant through it to prevent icing in the winter. It doesn't get cold enough to worry about that where I am, nevermind where you are. So all it does is heat up the air charge into the plenum. Cooler air is "more powerful" air so any way you can cool it will help. So you disconnect that line from the TB side and route it to the intake where the outlet from the TB goes. It's a free mod. :) I have pics if you need them.

So if you do those, you're out less than 100 bucks and you'll have a big SOTP improvement. You'll probably be a few tenths quicker at the track too... ;)
Toomanytoyz:
Great info. When you do the TB bypass what do you use to plug/cap the inlet and outlet openings on the TB after you remove the hoses hooked up to them in the first place? Also, do you know if the Summit Turbo mufflers are still available? I went to their website and didn't see where they were offering/listing them! Thanks!

· Registered
1995 Fleetwood Brougham
715 Posts
Katshot said:
Pull the CCM fuse and you're in. :thumbsup:
I'm glad this came up. I should be getting my cable from AKM CABLES today. My next mod is the exhaust. I really would love to get headers but there are so few choices and they are all expensive...

· Registered
96 FWB
32 Posts
hey guys according to the cover of the new carcraft "GM's lt1:bolt on 20hp!" i haven't picked it up yet,it's supposed to be on sale now so i'll probably go get one today.i'll let you know once i've read it.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.