Cadillac Owners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

· Registered
04 CTSV 500rwhp, 96 FTS-V T56 previously, 95 T56 Impala SS
432 Posts
the Sandman said:
Gentlemen - We are grateful for the knowledge and experience both of you bring to the table. You have both stated your opinions in this matter and the reasoning behind them. There is clearly some disagreement. Please let's refrain from making this an unpleasant discussion. You are both entitled to think whatever you want about each other - *but* it is counterproductive to attempt to undermine each other publicly with barbs. The information from both of you is appropriate to the discussion Sal started - as long as it's done without rancor.

That's what i was trying to get at... But I didn't put it across as well. :)

· Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,248 Posts
I'd really like to post my ideas and opinions here. But I might offend the LT1 gods and bring down their wrath. :halo:

I think I will go make a power steering fluid sacrifice offering and pray that the LT1 gods don't totally destroy the topic of this thread. :worship:

· ...Reloaded
'05 XLR
2,090 Posts
HotRodSaint said:
I'd really like to post my ideas and opinions here. But I might offend the LT1 gods and bring down their wrath. :halo:

I think I will go make a power steering fluid sacrifice offering and pray that the LT1 gods don't totally destroy the topic of this thread. :worship:
An LT1 Thread movie!

· Registered
432 Posts
Those movies are great! I've seen so many of them... And even though they're the same scenes over and over, they're still funny! :D

So Sal, what are your first mods gonna be???

· Premium Member
9,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I still get a kick out of those movies.. My first mods will be the simple ones you mentioned, TMT. I really don't want to sacrifice the longevity of the engine - but it just feels like the car is really held-back by something - besides weight. I guess it's intake and exhaust... All I want is a little more 'get up and go'... When I get to that point, I guess I'll see where I stand..

What's the deal with that round cone K&N filter I'm seeing.. Can I just add that in instead of doing the swiss-cheese mod?

· Registered
6,482 Posts
I have the K&N filter (and the rest of the K&N inlet kit) and love it. Yes, it's more expensive than the Home Depot stuff but it is also a less restrictive inlet system than the Home Depot stuff too (and I think it looks much better too). I would also suggest the 1LE elbow which eliminates the need for a hockey puck or similar object to plug the hole left after the "Home Plate" removal. It is slightly less restrictive than the stopck one.

· Registered
´67 Eldorado, ´96 Eldorado
522 Posts
HotRodSaint said:
Yes. B-bodies also include the Buick Roadmasters and the short lived Oldsmobile version, which I forget the name of.
One guy just offered me ´94 police version Caprice, powered with LT1 and i must say - nice car it is!

· Registered
432 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
As for that 1LE elbow - is it easily available?
Yup. it's about 50 bucks at your local dealer. It's for the Camaro Z28 1LE package. I have it on my car now. But a hockey puck is a good budget alternative... :)

I'll answer the K&N question too. I got an S&B 7" long filter. It's a 3" ID if I remember corretly. I chose the S&B because it has a filter element in the end of it too, instead of just a closed cap. But it's the same style as a K&N. The cold air box I have is a Mark Michna/Team SS box, but he no longer makes it. It's easy enough to make out of sheetmetal though. I can take some pics and measurements if you want... (unless Kevin can convince you I don't know how to use a tape measure ;) :p )

21 - 40 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.