Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Eldorado touring coupe
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of repair manuals Chilton, Haynes and I was wondering if there are better ones out there? They both are ok for general purposes, but some things are just missing.(Tranny info) What are the better repair manuals and where can I pick one up at?:confused:

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,012 Posts
Jim D is correct: The Helm volumes are the only real GM manuals. For the computer junkie there is an additional resource in www.alldatadiy.com. The 3 year subscription includes not only the Helm manuals but also all recall, labor time, Technical Service Bulletins, Diagnostic Trouble Codes and meanings, electrical diagrams, specs, and troubleshooting trees. All the line drawings can be printed or e-mailed. Subsequent renewals are discounted.

·
Registered
93 Eldorado touring coupe
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the info. I went on Ebay and bought a two volume set for my 93 Eldorado for 31$ and that included S&H. :smilewide:

·
Registered
99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP
1,054 Posts
Its good that you had a 93, GM stopped putting Transmission info in their manuals after 96, the only info was diagnostic and some light repair work, they made for each year after 96 a two volume set that included all Transmissions and Transfer Cases. They called this a TURM

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
637 Posts
Its good that you had a 93, GM stopped putting Transmission info in their manuals after 96, the only info was diagnostic and some light repair work, they made for each year after 96 a two volume set that included all Transmissions and Transfer Cases. They called this a TURM
for my 97 it covers the transmission

1 - 7 of 7 Posts