Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I go with Sea-Foam also.

That stuff is the bomb.

you can stick a can in the gas tank, half a can in the oil, and pour half in the
brake vacume line going in to the intake and you will clean the poo out of you engine.

(note if you put it in the oil, you will have to change the oil and plugs within 100 miles.)

·
Registered
2 1997 Cateras: black&ocean green
698 Posts
I usually use Red Line's Comlete Fuel System Cleaner and it works quite well. Initial dose of full bottle is like NOS :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1992 Tripple Black Allante, RIP 98 catera
257 Posts
Bg44k is a solid choice, but i believe there are better,

Seafoam, great if slowly taken through the intake(cleans valves and CC's but not fuel system), but in my experience just about useless in the tank.

Gunmount Regane, the stuff in the clear bottle is suppsoed to be quite good,

but my favorite(s) are

Chervon Techron (not the pro-guard the real stuff) for a fast one time clean up.

But for a better and longer lasting clean, i used Fuel Power (or FP60 if you will) not something you can buy locally (google Lubecontrol thats their website) i try (not usually totally successful) to use this stuff 3 out of 4 tanks, in a ratio of 1 oz to 5 gallons, if your car is real gunked up you can use it in higher doses 4oz to 5 gal would be my max but i dont know what the comapny reccomends, anyway if your alright giving it a slight commitment, you will be quite satisfied with the results.

Thanks

·
Registered
N/A
1,103 Posts
Freedom Fuel.

Works in diesel or gasoline applications, is highly concentrated, and increases your gas mileage an average or 4-5 miles per gallon. Not to mention cleaning injectors, and your entire fuel system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts