Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
close to impossible to create a V8 rumble with an exhaust on a V6. Again, go find an exhaust shop that will allow you to try out some different mufflers to find the best suitable sound for you.

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6 Black on Black 1SC
493 Posts
Yup! Mine did... :thumbsup:
These are only two films I made, but we tested various options:

Sorry for the noise in the background. It's a workshop afterall...

That is excellent - I did the x-pipe first because I did not want my car too loud - now I want more, but I am still concerned with just guessing and welding on some magnaflows after hearing they can can be too loud when combined. I am going to ask my shop if they will do the same...Thanks.

Nice rims on your car - looks real sharp.

·
Registered
Cadillac
192 Posts
One film shows the mufflers, the other the Magnaflow tips. The Magnaflow tips work like trumpets. So if you want loud, then that is what you could chose ;)
Wait? The tips make the muffler have a diffrent noise? I always thought the tips were just for show for people who want the look but not the sound.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
people always think i have a northstar with my borla and xpipe. most are surprised it's a 6 when i tell them(sometimes i don't tell em:thumbsup:) )
i even had one guy, that i blew by on the highway, when i stopped at a gas station he pulled up and said my car sounded sweet and asked if it was a northstar. can't remember if it was when i had the borla resonator or the xpipe, sound is about the same anyway.

it doesn't have the low end grumble of an 8 but when you open it up it sure turns heads. i think it sounds more sports car than muscle, but you get that look from people like"what the hell was that", not the "there goes a mustang" look.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a 2010cts 3.0
What mufflers would give a low humming idle maybe with a sound clip. I don't want to try and mimic the V since it's not but I can't go all out because I'm in California.. And suggestions? Just want more of a stronger tone but not V8 classic

21 - 29 of 29 Posts