Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1966 Mustang, 2007 Escalade EXT
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watching the Inauguration of the President and I must say I love that Limo. That thing just looks mean, maybe Cadillac should make a version of that vehicle for us common folks. It looks to be a combination of all the vehicles in one. I personally love it!!!!!!

GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE VEHICLE PLEASE!!!!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
untitled.png beast2_1.jpg 480-limousine.jpg As you look at the pictures you will notice a hint of Escalade/CTS in the front with STS in the rear..... 3841501744_801921728e.jpg

·
Registered
Alexandra - 96 SDV Clyde - 15 Silvy
6,394 Posts
I'm not a huge fan. It looks Cadillac used stuff from the parts bin to throw it together. At least with older limos they were production vehicles modified for duty.

·
Registered
chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
6,397 Posts
CadillacLuke24 said:
I'm not a huge fan. It looks Cadillac used stuff from the parts bin to throw it together. At least with older limos they were production vehicles modified for duty.
They did...and its built on a GM 2500 series truck chassis
It has escalade headlamps, sts style taillamps, and a supersized cts style grille.

·
Registered
Orange And Purple Lights.
6,632 Posts
Yeah, but imagine the pricetag on something like that. Although, if they did make it, it would be the first car they have made since '92 that I would ever even consider purchasing.

Didn't this Limousine get defeated by Ireland?

·
Registered
chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
6,397 Posts
The-Dullahan said:
Yeah, but imagine the pricetag on something like that. Although, if they did make it, it would be the first car they have made since '92 that I would ever even consider purchasing.

Didn't this Limousine get defeated by Ireland?
Yes...it got defeated by an Irish speedbump.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you go look at the video you will see that it was the older Limo that got stuck and not this particular vehicle. So, no it didn't get defeated in Ireland ;)

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
They forgot to slope the windshield and rear window, so as to make it indistinguishable from a sand dune.

Also why is it the armored Presidential limo is the only thing that doesn't ​have the "gun bunker" slit windows?

·
Registered
2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
8,178 Posts
Is it the diesel truck that stalled previously? I think I'd prefer a Chinese SLS.

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
To me "The Beast" is flat out ugly. It looks like it was design by a bunch of Japanese computer game nerds from the '80's, sculpted by "Omar the Brick Maker", and embellished from the pile of stuff in the back lot of Cadillac design. Apparently the cars designers got the OK for this ugly piece of crap from the design "Ghost" team at Rolls-Royce.

The previous models of the Presidential Limousine have not set standards for automotive beauty, but this latest one really heads the chart in the ugly department. It will be very hard for future designers to top this car for its' "ugly from every angle" pinnacle!

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
I agree with Orr, it is flat out ugly. But that's what happens when you build it on a medium duty Chevy Kodiak truck chassis(think of the bucket truck from the elelectric company). Then you design it to be 50 cal bullet proof, rpg proof, IED proof, hellfire missle proof, drive over a land mine and keep going, etc, etc, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_UQdixHLCY

Personally I thought president Clinton's 90's Fleetwood was a beautiful car. If I had a bazillion dollars you damn well bet I'd be riding around in the back of that thing with a glass of scotch in hand.

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts

Gimme the regan era Fleetwood or the Kennedy Continental ....THOSE were presidential cars

In fact , they should have just kept updating the drivetrain and armor of the Continental

I got to help replace the pass fender on bushes Y2K deville limo a few years ago ....

·
Registered
Alexandra - 96 SDV Clyde - 15 Silvy
6,394 Posts

gimme the regan era fleetwood or the kennedy continental ....those were presidential cars

in fact , they should have just kept updating the drivetrain and armor of the continental

i got to help replace the pass fender on bushes y2k deville limo a few years ago ....
Sounds like STORY TIME!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts