Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do these smaller models compare with the Eldorados before and after them? In other words, are they just as luxurious and elegant, though smaller? Are they as comfortable inside? Do they drive as well? And of most importance to me, do they ride smoothly like a Cadillac should ... quiet and elegant? I have never driven one, but they must be solid cars ... I see them everywhere. I like the styling (not so crazy about the dash), and I have always thought about getting one. Thanks

·
Registered
99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55
3,516 Posts
I wanted one too but could never find the right combinations of mileage, condition and lack of a cloth/vinyl roof. Interior is a little on the fugly side but I would have survived.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
I have to admit... theyve kinda grown on me. Like chubs said though, its hard to find a pristine one with low miles with just the right options package.

As far as reliability, those luckily have the bulletproof (for a caddy) 4.5 and 4.9L motors in them depending on year.

Only thing that bugs me about the size is that they always make me think of a V6 Buick of that same era. Not a huge deal, but they do look very similar.

·
Registered
2007 CTS White Diamond - 1997 Deville Silver Mist
289 Posts
How do these smaller models compare with the Eldorados before and after them? In other words, are they just as luxurious and elegant, though smaller? Are they as comfortable inside? Do they drive as well? And of most importance to me, do they ride smoothly like a Cadillac should ... quiet and elegant? I have never driven one, but they must be solid cars ... I see them everywhere. I like the styling (not so crazy about the dash), and I have always thought about getting one. Thanks
I had a '90 Eldorado. Black with a Cashmere Leather Interior. Great car. It has a really smooth ride and it's very comfortable and luxurious. I liked the dash. They only made a digital dash for those style Eldo's. They were also pretty roomy for a smaller car. Some other info - that model was actually produced from '86-'91. '86 and '87 were the smallest of those models and they had the 4.1 liter engine. The styling on the '88 was changed a little and it was larger starting in that year. Also, the '88 was the first year that the Eldo had the 4.5 liter engine (155 HP). They added Sequential Port Fuel Injection in '90 which added 25 horsepower (180 HP) and the '91 had the 4.9 liter engine which added another 20 horsepower to 200 horsepower. The '90 that I had was very peppy.

I highly recommend this model of the Eldo. I had a '95 Eldo also and I liked the '90 just as much. I would recommend at least an '88 which had the 4.5 liter engine, a much better engine than the 4.1.

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
i recently got an 88 eldo to replace a 91 seville, love them both
they are small and a hell of a lot of fun to drive, but the 4.9 is definatly faster

1 - 5 of 5 Posts