Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an article from Fortune about the exploding prices for classic muscle. I can't believe it, but the guy in the article paid $3 million for the 'Cuda, and has been offered $4 million. He says he might take $6 million, so if anyone here is interested ...

http://www.fortune.com/fortune/personalfortune/articles/0,15114,1114180,00.html

Isn't it ironic that the one brand DaimlerChrysler killed off, Plymouth, turns out to be the coolest? Typical short-sighted thinking leading to a missed opportunity.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,702 Posts
Mopar fan that I am...that's just ridiculous...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,971 Posts
I'd rather have a 75 Deville worth $5k that'll outrun any of them.
"An ad for the new Hemi-driven Dodge Charger bellows: “The Charger hybrid: It burns gas and rubber.' "
Heh heh heh...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
Here's an article from Fortune about the exploding prices for classic muscle. I can't believe it, but the guy in the article paid $3 million for the 'Cuda, and has been offered $4 million. He says he might take $6 million, so if anyone here is interested ...
I'm interested, now where's my gold vault....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,622 Posts
WTF is that???? shesh! Hmm...i wonder what a 2006 Road Runner would look like.....maybe time to play with photo shop...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,694 Posts
HotRodSaint said:
I'm sure someone, somewhere is plotting for the day that the name Plymouth is available and then...
...we will see lot's of crap, with maybe one diamond emerging.
Just like the original company!! :duck:
No kidding, except for the Prowler Plymouth didnt have anything worth writing home about for at least 10 years before it was killed. Chrysler seemed to be the only company that could pull off an ENTIRE LINE of cars that were not only badge engineered, but the EXACT SAME car as another division! I say good riddance to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,622 Posts
Any kind of V8! I LOVED that car...till i found out it had a V6. Plymouth coulda been a a good company if they would have had their own car...atleast one aside from the Prowler.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,073 Posts
DeVillish said:
Any kind of V8! I LOVED that car...till i found out it had a V6. Plymouth coulda been a a good company if they would have had their own car...atleast one aside from the Prowler.
I think they could have done well too.

Even if they had a limited model range of their own cars it would have done well.

A coupe, sedan and wagon (Sable size)

A sedan (Grand Marquis size)

And the prowler with a V8
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,622 Posts
Good so its not just me! With the LX platform out theres the Grand Marquis size sedan, call it a GTX maybe or Road Runner? huh huh..yeah...ok...oh and use the PT cruiser/neon/SRT-4 as a base for a Fury coupe/sedan/wagon! I should worked for Chrysler
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,073 Posts
DeVillish said:
Good so its not just me! With the LX platform out theres the Grand Marquis size sedan, call it a GTX maybe or Road Runner? huh huh..yeah...ok...oh and use the PT cruiser/neon/SRT-4 as a base for a Fury coupe/sedan/wagon! I should worked for Chrysler
LOL

Well i just remember seeing the police chases in old movies with the police car of choice: the Plymouth Gran Fury

I think a few cars would do well and could compete with Mercury or something
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,702 Posts
SpeedyArizona said:
I'm interested, now where's my gold vault....
Son, if you lost your gold vault, we need to talk about responisibilities and misplacing things.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RobertCTS said:
Disappointed that there were no pics. I can't imagine those kind of prices. I thought 1/2 million bucks for a '67 427 Corvette was high.
There was a pic that I saw of it last night, and I think it was also on the Fortune site. His is basically a white 1971 Barracuda convertible with a Hemi and one of 11 produced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Playdrv4me said:
No kidding, except for the Prowler Plymouth didnt have anything worth writing home about for at least 10 years before it was killed. Chrysler seemed to be the only company that could pull off an ENTIRE LINE of cars that were not only badge engineered, but the EXACT SAME car as another division! I say good riddance to it.
Again, the problem with killing off an entire division is that now there is no Plymouth to offer a future retro-Barracude if they wanted, for example. Mustang is cleaning house in this niche, so Plymouth missed the boat and it will not have the chance ever again.

I bet Ford is happy they didn't kill off the Mustang in the late 1980's like they were thinking of...

Isn't Dodge thinking of doing a retro Challenger...this is what I mean by "short-sightedness" as Plymouth could have been much much more.

How long before W-30's start to bring in one million dollars at auctions for low mileage, original examples that are still out there....

These are examples of "potential" that was there and will never be again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,237 Posts
Ralph said:
These are examples of "potential" that was there and will never be again.
And thanks to Chrysler, we will never have an AMX again...

Somethings are best remembered for what they were, and not what the might be.

Dodge can make a 2-door Challenger to evoke past memories of Mopar glory. If they do it right, no one will even care what it's name is. Look at the Viper.
 
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
About this Discussion
48 Replies
10 Participants
DeVillish
Top