Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so the leveling pump stays on all the time. i took off the hose earlier and it is pumping air, but it goes on and off for no reason whatsoever. even when the car has been sitting by itself for hours. it came on alot before, but now it's ridiculous. it's draining my battery. so acouple of minutes ago, i just unplugged it. i also have an interlock device on the car that is on pretty much all of the time. is it bad that i unplugged the compressor? the SSS light has come on, i don't know if it has anything to do with it. I don't have the money to take it down to the dealership and get it serviced. can i drive it like this with out doing more damage to my suspension?
thanks,
Jesse

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Well....... We're gonna need some credentials..... :D

What car are you driving......? How long has this been going on.......? Etc.....

Without knowing those things, my first instinct is a bad sensor causing the computer to go nuts...... But, dont heed that for certain because my instincts have been proven wrong....... Many a time....... :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Might be a better idea to pull the fuse. I did on mine when I got rid of the air shocks.

On my car it was in the underhood fuse box, BIG fuse, #9, I think. That'll only help you if you have a 93-6 FW though...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hehe, oh yeah, it's a '93 sedan deville. it's been going crazy like that for about 2 weeks now, it was only in the last day or two that i noticed it was killing my battery. i wqas going to pull the fuse first, but my manual's gone AWOL. so i just pulled the plug.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
lowmank