Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those on the fence on the UUC Shifter... do it.. it is a night and day difference. James talked me into it (ok.. not much talking needed). Lindsay did a nice installed too. No more hunting for gears... YEAH! Couldn't be happier (can you all tell)? :cloud9:

·
Registered
05 V/corsa/shifter/bushings/stealth tune/cai/19inch hre's
843 Posts
Im getting it done, hopefully, next week...going to call maybe tomarrow...just waiting for some nicer weather...dont forget about me James....save one:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V (Thunder Grey)
1,667 Posts
Mine will be here Friday along with the bushings. Now, just have to find a place to install it. I talked to one of the local Cadillac shops and they had no idea what I was talking about.

I can't wait.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V, Black on Black, Sunroof, UUC Bushing, Hotchkis
24 Posts
I'm feeling good myself. Got my UUC and bushings yesterday, CAGS today. I will be scheduling my appointment at Lindsay tomorrow. My dealer said they never installed before and didn't know tha CTS-V had another shifter. That ment road trip for me. Alexandria here I come.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Hey Homer, was your seat squeaking too?
If that was yours I worked on it needed the shifter worse than any I have seen before, in fact if you look at the box I left in the trunk you can see what's left of the busing in the bottom of the shifter. That would be the little chunks of plastic in the ziplock bag. ;)

It sure is a night and day difference when you change them out, you are right.

I did two yesterday and I have one left to put in possibly today, waiting for the wheels to come back first. I'd do it while I am waiting for the wheels but the lift the car is on makes it hard to work on the shifter, at least from underneath.
If you guys bring your cars in to Lindsay for the UUC, make sure we have some bushings before you drop it off. I think James said we are running low.

·
Alexandria, Va
Work on them all...
1,213 Posts
homer403 said:
For those on the fence on the UUC Shifter... do it.. it is a night and day difference. James talked me into it (ok.. not much talking needed). Lindsay did a nice installed too. No more hunting for gears... YEAH! Couldn't be happier (can you all tell)? :cloud9:
Glad you like... I knew you would... Thanks for the compliments, we try our best...
SBONES said:
Im getting it done, hopefully, next week...going to call maybe tomarrow...just waiting for some nicer weather...dont forget about me James....save one:thumbsup:
I have a shifter and bushings set aside for you
ewill3rd said:
Hey Homer, was your seat squeaking too?
Yeah, that was Homer's car...
ewill3rd said:
If you guys bring your cars in to Lindsay for the UUC, make sure we have some bushings
We are running low, more are on order...

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Homer loves shifter.. and I saw the little chunks of plastics (ewww). The stock shifter is my paperweight on my desk (pretty cool). And thanks for fixing the squeak! Go Lindsay and ewill3rd, great job my man.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I pulled the seat out and insulated the hooks where they go into the floor so they won't do that anymore. I could see right where the noise was coming from. I haven't ever seen one do that before. Sorry you had to bring it back.
I am very gratified to hear that you like the shifter.

I left that power outlet where you could install it where you like on the windshield. I didn't want to stick it someplace odd and make you have to move it. Make sure to clean the glass with some alcohol before you stick it on (if you haven't already) and wipe it with a super clean cloth or paper towel. That will help it stay stuck on the glass.
I left a little slack in the wires so you can move it down a little. Just tuck the excess back up out of sight when you get it where you want it.

Thanks for the kind words. Not much makes me happier than knowing that I have a satisfied customer.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Am I really reading this right? Is there really a dealer tech who proactively corrects a squeak? I'm on the verge of finally deciding to stop buying American cars because of the terrible service and goofy problems. My dealer's service is a discrace - instead of tightening a loose band on the cat to stop a rattle, they cut it off. Now I have one strap.

How much is this shifter upgrade and will Lindsay work on V's from Delaware (meaning install it the same day?)

ewill3rd - I don't have a clue who you are but you have temporaily restored my faith in the American auto industry. We sure as hell need more guys like you.

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Ziplicon Tuesday said:
How much is this shifter upgrade and will Lindsay work on V's from Delaware (meaning install it the same day?)

ewill3rd - I don't have a clue who you are but you have temporaily restored my faith in the American auto industry. We sure as hell need more guys like you.
ZT,

I know it's hard to believe but there are really some customer oriented dealer service centers left in the world. James Pollack and TEAM are the best. I drove my V over 3 hours and past god knows how many dealers so that I could have the pleasure of dealing with these guys. They installed my drilled rotors, polished GM rims and B&M shifter on a Saturday morning. That's right a Saturday morning! I can't say enough good about these guys! :thumbsup: :highfive:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes.. he fixed my squeak! The interior makes no more rattles or squeaks. I can't say enough now lucky we are with Lindsay Cadillac :thumbsup:

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Ziplicon,

Thanks, that's very nice of you to say.
If you feel like driving, talk to James (LindsayCadillac) and set up your appointment. Let him know what we need to do to your car and he'll make sure we are ready for you when you arrive. I'll try to open up a space in my work load so I can slide you in and we'll get you fixed up.

Start to finish getting the car written up, in the shop, and the shifter changed will probably take just under 2 hours depending on the time of day. If you need more work obviously it will take a bit longer.
I work every 5th Saturday and do most of the V work in the shop.

I don't know much about the dollar end of it, James can shoot you an estimate. I think we are low on the shifter bushings, we have enough for the appointments we have scheduled and James has ordered some more so they are on their way. I think I have one coming in today to get the shifter at 11:00, this will be my 4th install this week.

We look forward to your visit, if you decide to come down.
I have to go to New York for some training classes so I'll be gone for a few days over the next month.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Thanks for the guidance dudes....I believe if I can get the balls to make the shifter change it'll be worth the 4-1/2 hour drive just to be confident it gets done right. Even if it isn't as great an upgrade as it sounds at least I'll know it was done right - that alone is worth it. Have to hold off until March (still got the F-1's on) and maybe I'll get my son to take a road trip with me.
ewill3rd: If I can pull this off I will most assuredly ask for you.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hey also, what are the bushings you guys mentioned? Is there like a recommended "package" or something that is suggested? I'd hate to make the trip, have the shifter installed and then learn about bushings or something else I should have had installed afterwards.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ziplicon Tuesday, just call James at Lindsay Cadillac and tell him you want both the UUC shifter and Bushings and he will hook you up.

·
Registered
05 V/corsa/shifter/bushings/stealth tune/cai/19inch hre's
843 Posts
Just got back from a long day w/ James...got the shifter installed and the bushing...and few other things...:D All I got to say is wow...it shift's like its suppose to...very crisp...and it goes right into gear...It makes you go faster...The first thing i noticed is how tight and solid the shifter felt...no play..:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thanks again James for the great service, and keep me posted if any goodies come out...scott

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,975 Posts
Just a general comment here: Outside of installing a maggie, going to either a UUC (or, in my case, a B&M) shifter is about the best mod you can do ... it is truly that GREAT!!! Anyone on the fence with this, all I can say is "DO IT! " You will wonder why you ever waited so long.:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
There's no such thing as James or ewill over here in Washington State. Hhhmmm,...which will be cheaper: driving my car to the east coast or flying ewill over here to work on my V...hhmmm...

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V (Thunder Grey)
1,667 Posts
V-Sting said:
There's no such thing as James or ewill over here in Washington State. Hhhmmm,...which will be cheaper: driving my car to the east coast or flying ewill over here to work on my V...hhmmm...
I have the same problem here in California. I finally found a Cadillac Shop that has installed one, hope they can do it again.
My shifter and bushings arrived today, now I can't wait to get them installed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts