1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Escalade - Black/Kona
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3:14AM????
Seriously?
I use my cell phone as my pager and have to leave it on all the time.
What business calls you or texts you at this hour?

IMG_0803.PNG

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
925 Posts
Recently I've noticed more companies sending out their daily/weekly specials middle of the night.

I just turn my phone off and problem solved. Although some mornings, its quite funny listening to 5 minutes of notification chimes for all the emails and texts I've received overnight!

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Settings-> do not disturb-> turn on scheduled and set the on and off times you want it to not disturb you(I set mine for overnight)

I still get the emails and other updates but it never wakes me at night

·
Registered
2015 Escalade - Black/Kona
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My phone is my pager. I am a doctor. I get calls from all numbers, I can't just mute all except certain numbers or silence it overnight.
Listen, I don't mean to sound pissy but is the consensus answer here really that I should work around this because my life is what it is, or that marketing companies should have a decent amount of reasonable respect for their customers??

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Manic said:
My phone is my pager. I am a doctor. I get calls from all numbers, I can't just mute all except certain numbers or silence it overnight. Listen, I don't mean to sound pissy but is the consensus answer here really that I should work around this because my life is what it is, or that marketing companies should have a decent amount of reasonable respect for their customers??
Tap the text number and it will give you options to set it to do not disturb you can set it so that number doesn't alert you at night

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,744 Posts
Manic said:
My phone is my pager. I am a doctor. I get calls from all numbers, I can't just mute all except certain numbers or silence it overnight. Listen, I don't mean to sound pissy but is the consensus answer here really that I should work around this because my life is what it is, or that marketing companies should have a decent amount of reasonable respect for their customers??
I'm a doctor too. The busy kind and don't become so prissy about unimportant things. Now even your cell number as well as OnStar phone number gets called from you know what.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
230 Posts
I agree with the OP, there is no good reason to receive a text from onstar at that time of night. Obviously onstar's computers can send out text messages during normal business hours and the OP should not have been alerted at 3 a.m.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
OCescaladeESV said:
I agree with the OP, there is no good reason to receive a text from onstar at that time of night. Obviously onstar's computers can send out text messages during normal business hours and the OP should not have been alerted at 3 a.m.
True

1 - 11 of 11 Posts