Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off thans very much to Edlo 1953 for the information on my wheel trim issue. It doesn't look like trying to match up the cover will be an issue as my wife got broadsided this morning.

One of those deals where you have two lanes that are turning left at an underpass light where the left lane MUST turn left and the other lane has the option. My wife took the option and some little old lady hit her drivers quarter panel at probably 50 m.p.h. from where the cars ended up. :(

So here are the questions-
1) Should I part out the rest of the car on E-bay? I have found some hard to find stuff on Ebay and 1993 STS parts tend to fall into this category.
2) Anyone have any wild idea what a Northstar Engine with just over 100,000 is worth?

Just trying to not get totally screwed by the insurance company as I know they are going to try to lowball me on the car because of the age/miles but the car really was cherry.

Anyhow what a bummer to find this forum on Friday and have the car get destroyed on Monday...... I think it's gonna be totaled. But wonder if parting out the rest of the car might not end up being a profitable venture over the coming months given what I have paid for a couple of minor replacement parts for the STS.

">
~

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Oh man!!!!! I hope your wife is ok! As nice as these cars are they are nothing compared to our loved ones.

·
Banned
701 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident, and I sure hope your wife is OK. You might let the Insurance Company just total the car and see how cheap you can buy it back, or take the check and sell it on Ebay a either a parts car or part it out. I know my wife would want me go get rid of it ASAP and not have a wreck in the driveway. Either way we wish you luck.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Personally, Id part it out, assuming I had the room.......

If the remaining body panels are straight, you could get some good money from those....... And the powertrain, and other things you could get some real good money...... Hows the interior?? You could probably sell the seats as a package for 500 if their in really nice condition......

That is, if they total it...... If they dont (a miracle from God)....... Obviously fix it up and keep driving......

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Oh yes.......

The value of the power train will depend WHOLLY on how well it was maintained....... perfect maintenance I can assume youd get maybe 2500-3000, and anything less than perfect youd be lucky to get 1500.......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes wife and Child OK!

Wife got a pretty good wrap on the head as she "never saw it coming" just pounded from he blind spot. A second later taking off from the light and instead of a rear quarter panel impact it would be a T-bone probably injuring both wife and daughter at least to some degree.

I was seriously thinking about trying to negotiate a deal on the STS as the interior is still in great shape, and just the little things like turn signal lights, headlight lenses, mouldings, wood trim etc are worth something to individuals like ourselves, as well as the body shops and insurance companies trying to NOT total cars out.

But like I told my wife as bad a day as it was, it was a woderfully lucky day as she and the little one did not get hurt. I am worried a bit about the older lady now. As she was taken off in the ambulance as a "precautionary measure" however she still has not contacted her insurance company and she had some sort of heart condition. So we will say a prayer for her tonight.

">
~

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
Sorry to hear about the car.....I'm glad your wife and daughter are ok and I hope the other lady is ok.

As for the car, wait and see what the insurance company is going to do. If they total it and you can buy it back from them for a reasonable amount of money......buy it and part it (if you have the room and the tools needed to do it). I'm not sure what the parts are worth but a few calls to area junkyards should give you some ideas.

·
Registered
69 Posts
parts

Sorry about the accident and again, glad your wife and daughter are ok. I know the feeling of totaling a caddy not long after purchasing it, I had a different 93 sts last year and the day after I got it, in my immature state of excitement being 18 and having a fast, sweet car, I took a corner too fast and went through three dogwoods. I had the car for 30 hours. On mine, I had gotten such a good deal that it turned out better for the insurance to total it. I paid 6000 for it and the insurance gave me like 7500. So I would see what the insurance does and go from there. Good luck and glad there were no serious injuries.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
Loud 93 STS