Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Silver '05 V
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to say thanks to the folks at UUC and reconfirm what many have said about UUC standing behind their products.

I had some shifter problems late Wednesday night and UUC had me right as rain today. I look forward to doing some more business with UUC specially now that they are located in Alpheretta.

Thanks again :thumbsup:

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
They used to only be 20 minutes from me. What did they do?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
Yeah, they got out of NJ for some reason. Probably too damn expensive with building prices/property taxes up here. They are down in Jawjah now from what I heard.

·
Registered
Started with '04 BR V, moved on to '09 Slvr V, now '13 CRT coupe
1,957 Posts
I just want to say thanks to the folks at UUC and reconfirm what many have said about UUC standing behind their products.

I had some shifter problems late Wednesday night and UUC had me right as rain today.
:thumbsup:
What did they do?
For the rest of us with UUC shifters. . . what was the problem and what did UUC do to make it right?

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,080 Posts
Not "that batch," again ... was it?

:stirpot:

·
Registered
Silver '05 V
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not "that batch," again ... was it?

:stirpot:
Wasn't 'again' as my shifter was part of that batch. I don't drive it hard as to why I expect it has lasted this long. Exact same break. UUC was awesome with overnighting me a replacement.

I learned a lot about the two piece design that UUC has to minimize transmission vibration and noise. Looks great.

Installation of just the shifter w/o bushings was easy as pie.

I didn't see any torque information on the shifter linkage. You guys have any? I cranked that mother down tight and replaced the nut with a locking nut and shifter was hard as sh!t to move, so I loosened it up and it feels fine. All the instructions point to re-using the bolt and nut that was stock, but I felt more comfortable using a locking nut. What lbs. should I be looking at?

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
I don't remember anyone saying how tight exactly to make it. I think it's a feel thing. Tighten down, shift, see how you like it. Too notchy loosen the nuts, too loose, tighten them down.

·
Registered
Silver '05 V
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I may have it a little loose as I want it to be a little tighter, but some fresh bushings would prolly help with that.

I just drove up to UUC's new shop today to drop off my old shifter. While I was there I asked to see some of the new rotors they have put together for the V and he said that soon as they make em, they send them off to Luke. Probably best I didn't get to hold those sexy 2 piece parts or I may have walked out with some. Nice guys and I was good to meet them.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts