Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1986 coupe deville
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
big thanks for all comments and tips from you on my tempermental running deville, it had been run out of fuel just before i got it .......... i didn't know there was a bleed valve on the fuel line :eek:, runs 100 x better now still cuts out occasionally though
thanks again paul

·
Registered
1994 cadillac deville
98 Posts
would a 94 deville with a 4.9 have this bleed valve in the fuel line? is it the valve on the fuel rail?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,012 Posts
The valve on the rail is the service port - bleed, pressure checks, etc. The valve on the line connected to the throttlebody vacuum side is the canister purge/fuel tank pressure test port which usually has a green screw cap.

·
Registered
1986 coupe deville
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so its sill playing up :banghead: every time i stop or back off the throttle it cuts out, into neutral and fires straight back up ....... idles ok in neutral even after been revved .... any ideas getting really frustrated with it :bomb:

·
Registered
70 Deville 77 Fleet 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
3,310 Posts
You may have to restate your problem, we probably all forgot. the basics are check fuel pressure, clean EGR tubes and since you are having idle problems, might as well do the idle relearn stated in the owners manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts