Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just had our 2011 performance in the dealer where we bought it due to a "kick" when hitting a bump at highway speeds. Figured it was a rear shock related issue but not sure. They couldn't feel it driving it but did do an alignment. The alignment did help somewhat but afterwards we noticed a thumping from rear end. Almost like the trunk lid bouncing however upon return to dealer it turned out to be a broken shock. We have the CPO warranty and are just outside of time on the Factory warranty but 12k under on mileage. They talked to the GM rep and they replaced both shocks for less than the deductible on the CPO warranty. We are very pleased with the response from GM!

·
Registered
XT4 RED SPORT
2,390 Posts
It is "SUPER" to hear that you had such a great experience with your Cadillac dealer and GM! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2011 SRX
71 Posts
That's awesome. I just left the dealership for the second time. After waiting 90 mins they came out to inform me that they ordered the wrong part. And yet again, I have to take time off from work and come back to get my rain sense sensor repaired. I feel like a luxury dealership would toss me a free oil change or something. That said, mistakes happen and I get that.

My wife keeps saying I should have known better. She keeps talking about the Mercedes ML350, and about how the dealership is just an entirely different experience. Ugh. So annoyed.

·
Registered
XT4 RED SPORT
2,390 Posts
Any dealership can make the same mistakes... whether it is a GM or not. Your Cadillac dealer doen't have exclusive rights on doing that.

BTW: Did you happen to ask them for any freebies or compensation for the huge inconvenience they caused you? Sometimes all you need to do is ask the service guy and sometimes they can give you a gift or even a free detail for all your troubles. Remember it never hurts to politely ask for something extra. :)

12,778 Posts
That's awesome. I just left the dealership for the second time. After waiting 90 mins they came out to inform me that they, yet again, ordered the wrong part. And yet again, I have to take time off from work and come back to get my rain sense sensor repaired. I feel like a luxury dealership would toss me a free oil change or something. However, much like most Cadillac service centers, you pay for a Caddy, but you're gonna get a Chevy experience.

My wife keeps saying I should have known better. She keeps talking about the Mercedes ML350, and about how the dealership is just an entirely different experience. Ugh. So annoyed.
Hi aquayonex,

I am very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced on your last trip to the dealership. I can understand how this would be frustrating and I would be happy to discuss the situation further. Please PM me with your VIN, mileage, dealership name, and personal contact information if you are interested.

Enjoy your day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2011 SRX
71 Posts
Marc NY said:
Any dealership can make the same mistakes... whether it is a GM or not. Your Cadillac dealer doen't have exclusive rights on doing that. BTW: Did you happen to ask them for any freebies or compensation for the huge inconvenience they caused you? Sometimes all you need to do is ask the service guy and sometimes they can give you a gift or even a free detail for all your troubles. Remember it never hurts to politely ask for something extra. :)
I totally agree. Accidents happen. I'm just more annoyed that they didn't offer something.

·
Registered
2011 SRX
71 Posts
Cadillac Cust Svc said:
Hi aquayonex, I am very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced on your last trip to the dealership. I can understand how this would be frustrating and I would be happy to discuss the situation further. Please PM me with your VIN, mileage, dealership name, and personal contact information if you are interested. Enjoy your day, Austin J. Cadillac Customer Care
PM sent. It's even worse now. Back at the dealer for the third time, and they just informed me that they cannot fix the problem because the windshield has apparently been previously replaced. That said, I am now required to pay the $100 in labor and the $70 for the part, regardless of the fact it cannot be installed and will now work. What an absolute racket.

I bought the car from Cadillac of Norwood, in Norwood Mass. I was having the work performed by Bill Dodge Cadillac in Westbrook Maine.

12,778 Posts
PM sent. It's even worse now. Back at the dealer for the third time, and they just informed me that they cannot fix the problem because the windshield has apparently been previously replaced. That said, I am now required to pay the $100 in labor and the $70 for the part, regardless of the fact it cannot be installed and will now work. What an absolute racket.

I bought the car from Cadillac of Norwood, in Norwood Mass. I was having the work performed by Bill Dodge Cadillac in Westbrook Maine.
Good morning aquayonex,
We received your PMs and an agent should be responding to you shortly. Please feel free to send an additional PM if there have been any pertinent developments.

Regards,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

1 - 10 of 10 Posts