Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Coupe M6
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually start a progress thread from start to finish. So here are some stats on my V Coupe:

2012 Thunder Gray CTS-V Coupe M6 w/ Saffron Interior

Stainless Works 2" Headers & 3" Midpipe w/ X Pipe Cats Removed
Lingenfelter Balancer Kit w/ 22.5% Overdrive Pulley (9.5")
Airraid Intake, Big 3 Racing 1.7 Gal Heat Exchanger Tank
160 Degree Thermostat, TR6 Plugs, Big 3 Racing Tune
610 rwhp; 600 tq currently.

I have the lingenfelter upper pulley kit, new grills that I think I am painting shadow chrome, ATS emblems, ZR1 blue caliper paint, custom machined brembo logos, going to send the radio box out if chris ever gets back to me! and new polk speakers for the 5 locations and new bose for the doors and quarters.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Coupe M6
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Currently, I have almost the entire interior out. I am sending all the plastics and trim to be replaced with carbon fiber. 23 pieces, including the steering wheel parts. I also got a aero force gauge to replace the clock.

·
Registered
Raven Black 2016 ATS-V Sedan A8
516 Posts
Wow, that is one hell of a project my friend you have going on. Great color and beautiful house. May I ask just one ballpark question, but how many ducketts is this going to cost you?

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Nice coupe, good color choice. ;) Aside from the CF and sound system upgrades are there any other changes in the cabin? Are you changing out all the emblems to the new one? Looking forward to seeing your coupe when it's done. :)
Nice performance mods BTW.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Coupe M6
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, that is one hell of a project my friend you have going on. Great color and beautiful house. May I ask just one ballpark question, but how many ducketts is this going to cost you?
No clue. Not cheap, I know that much.

What size Polks for the doors? Or are these just the 3.5 speakers? The fact you can drop in some very beefy woofers in those doors is insane...
Doors and quarters are getting new Bose replacements. 5 of the 3.5's are getting replaced by the polks to help out the high end.

Nice coupe, good color choice. ;) Aside from the CF and sound system upgrades are there any other changes in the cabin? Are you changing out all the emblems to the new one? Looking forward to seeing your coupe when it's done. :)
Nice performance mods BTW.
Thanks. I am installing a core hurst short throw shifter, but that hasnt arrived yet. I'm just changing the grille and truck emblems.

You are going to use ATS emblems? Why?
The crest and wreath are too old looking. I'm going for a modern look.

·
Registered
2015 CTS-V Coupe 6MT Crystal White Polished Wheels Sunroof
146 Posts
My only gripe with the interior is there is too much plastic so I agree on what you have planned. I especially do not like the seat bottoms( where the seat controls are located);will you be able to remove those or is that too hard to do? Lastly where are you sending the parts to get the CF done?

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Coupe M6
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My only gripe with the interior is there is too much plastic so I agree on what you have planned. I especially do not like the seat bottoms( where the seat controls are located);will you be able to remove those or is that too hard to do? Lastly where are you sending the parts to get the CF done?
I was going to do the seat bezels for the recaro seats, but I decided not to do them or the kick panels. That would be too much, a little too ricer. I have a very good friend at https://www.facebook.com/WinninWindowTints that does a GREAT job with this. I will be sure to get pricing and more pictures for any members that want to send their parts out to him to have done.

Updates for today. Shitty picture but:

Core Short throw shifter. Aeroforce gauge to replace clock w/ V face plate. New factory bose speakers for doors and quarters. 5x Polk speakers for dash and rear deck. Fatmat & dynamat sound deadener.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,157 Posts
Nice, and wow, what a project. You will be most happy when this is a done deal, and you will have a real beauty, too.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Coupe M6
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is this weekends update.

Dynamat extreme and Fat Mat Rattle Trap is installed under all seats, carpet, behind speakers, in trunk, above wheel wheels, in quarter panels, and along all metal we could find.

I had my professional interior repair/detail guy come in and touch up my seats, dash, saffron yellow interior, door panels, and anything else he could find that diddn't look brand new. I must say, he did a great job, and it only took about 6-8 hours.

I had the Core Shifter installed, putting in a new suede boot and knob. All the new Bose Replacement speakers are in (door and quarters)

Stay tuned!

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
With all that insulation your V is going to be very quiet inside. The seats look great. Have you considered having your headliner redone in alcantara? I would like to have that done on mine, and possibly the dash too.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Coupe M6
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
With all that insulation your V is going to be vry quiet inside. The seats look great. Have you considered having your headliner redone in alcantara? I would like to have that done on mine, and possibly the dash too.
That is on my list as well.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Coupe M6
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi all,

Sorry no updates for a while. Have a lot going on, but here is where I'm at.

Got the KPE Carbon Fender vents.. they look great.

Pulled the front end off and getting ready to have the headlights painted / halos installed etc. I think it will turn out great.

Now, however, I would like to share a poor experience I had with a vendor on this forum. White Audio and Media, WAMS GTPPrix, whatever. He offers nav unlock services. I emailed before hand and asked if he was still offering the service, as he is extremely hard to get a hold of. Finally I did, I paid him via paypal, and sent my nav box out. A few days later, I received it back. When I got it back, it was haphazardly thrown in a used box with a single layer of bubble wrap around it.

When I got it back, a mounting tab was broken off of it, tabs were bent, and it had items rattling around on the inside. I sent him a message via email, saying it was broken I sure hope he had a replacement and go insurance on the return shipment. Of course, I heard nothing back for a week. Pissed off, I filed a paypal claim, and what do you know, instantly he responded.

His response was the broken tab and bent brackets meant nothing. I asked him to file an insurance claim, replace it, or send a call tag. All of which he diddnt, saying I should cover the shipping back and he would "take care of it."

Due to his lack of communication and unwillingness to do something as simple as properly package a $1800 radio module or take responsibility when it arrived broke, I instead decided to have an actual professional fix it.

It was no "simple" fix, as you can clearly see by the pictures. I ended up paying around $300 to have it repaired properly, but oh well I guess it's better than $1800. So now I'm out the money I paid to have this "unlock" performed (Which I still have not even verified yet,) the shipment to him, and the repair to make it functional again. Believe me when I say that I WISH I went with CoastalTech, who's lockpicks have been great on all my other Cadillac's for nearly the same price.

Again, this is just my story of what happened. In my opinion, my fellow V owners should avoid this guy and his shotty service, less you get ripped off like I did.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,157 Posts
Always glad (but sorry) to see postings where you do not receive value.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Coupe M6
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Time to let the fun begin. Baked apart the headlights, separated them bitches. Painting frames and housing Thunder Gray, wrapping the side marker in carbon fiber, tinting the housing behind the DRLs, and adding an angry white Oracle plasma ring... which leaves one question.

What LED are you guys using to upgrade the tube?!

1 - 20 of 127 Posts