Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love the text feature where you can listen to a text message however I am not able to reply with the pre programmed message. I have an IPhone 4 and think that may be the reason. Anyone have iphone 6 where this function works both ways ?

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,637 Posts
Love the text feature where you can listen to a text message however I am not able to reply with the pre programmed message. I have an IPhone 4 and think that may be the reason. Anyone have iphone 6 where this function works both ways ?
I don't think (and you seem to confirm) iPhones can do that but with a Windows phone, after an incoming text is read you will be asked if you want to respond and then you can dictate the response. Throwing that out in case upgrading your phone is an option.

But maybe there is a work around even if your phone platform doesn't provide for that rather obvious need. I don't know if iPhone can do this but with a Windows phone you can initiate a text by calling Cortana and telling her to text xxxxx and then dictate the text. Technically, that's not a response but the effect would be the same other than making you take extra steps. It would require that iPhones also add a fake number for Siri to the blue-tooth contacts AND that Siri can initiate a text; maybe that can get you by. Please post if that works.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts