Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ATS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 ATS Turbo Lux edition that cannot send or receive text from my iPhone 6 using CUE

Does anyone know of an update that is available or will be available to allow this feature

·
Registered
ATS 2014 A/W Premium A/W 2.0T
67 Posts
My 2014 premium ATS reads your texts to you and then asks if you want to respond but I have not tried to respond to CUE for text yet. The voice recognition is a little poor. You need to have a Nokia windows 8.1 phone to have it work. See my previous thread for details from the Admin for info.

·
Registered
2015 ATS 2.0T Luxury
40 Posts
I have a 2014 ATS Turbo Lux edition that cannot send or receive text from my iPhone 6 using CUE
I have Alcatel OneTouch with Android and when picked up my car tech from Cadillac Set it up all for me. After some time CUE stoped receive text from my phone.
Turn Off and next tern on Bluetooth resolved problem. I can receive text and answer without problem.

Try go this way.

·
Registered
Had 1995 Eldorado, Had 2001 DHS, Had 2005 STS, Had 2013 ATS, Have 2016 CTS Premium
62 Posts
As I posted in another thread. This is a limitation put in place by Apple or Google and has nothing to do with Cadillac or the CUE system. Neither of those operating systems will text thru your bluetooth because Apple and Google won't let it happen. As the other poster stated, this feature is fully functional if you are using a Windows phone. I have been texting thru bluetooth in my Cadillac's since my 2005 STS and 4 different Windows phones.

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
As I posted in another thread. This is a limitation put in place by Apple or Google and has nothing to do with Cadillac or the CUE system. Neither of those operating systems will text thru your bluetooth because Apple and Google won't let it happen. As the other poster stated, this feature is fully functional if you are using a Windows phone. I have been texting thru bluetooth in my Cadillac's since my 2005 STS and 4 different Windows phones.
Don't forget to mention that WP will actually have CUE pause the music (if the source is pausable) instead of muting it so you don't miss the good parts. The solution is to upgrade the phone. Zero malware, less NSA, better specs (and sooner - my 2013 WP phone has a 6" 1080p screen, surround sound, and records 4K video, 3 day battery life, etc, etc, etc,). Push a Siri button? Are you kidding? I certainly don't need Cortana for texts but if I need her in the car, I just SAY "Hey Cortana" or I call Cortana with the car's steering wheel phone button. My Dad wanted to go to some store while driving and we didn't know where one was. I just "called" Cortana and asked for directions to the store. She rattled off the few closest ones and asked me which one I wanted and when I told her she started the turn by turn voice navigation. I take that back, I do need Cortana if I want to INITIATE a text. I Call Cortana and tell her to "text xxxx" then dictate the message. incoming and response to texts are totally voice control. I sure would not want to go fumbling for some button on the phone to do ANYTHING. And would rather use cans on a string than NOT have everything over the car's speakers and microphone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts