Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its like there's unlimited space here. Everything is big, cheap, and people are friendly. Its hot but not swampy. Everything feels new, clean, and uncongested. The roads have lots of space, property has lots of land, and there aren't as many annoying mosquitoes here as there are back home in Missouri.

I wish I had an excuse to move here. :cool: The only thing I'd miss is winter. A brief winter allows a population to go into hibernation and contemplate its agenda, clear its mind, and go to 'sleep' so it can 'wake up' refreshed in the spring. I'm convinced that a lack of consistent snow is what makes Florida and California so wacky -- the hallucinations that occur when you stay up too long.

So, Texas joins Montana, Oregon, and Idaho on my list of favorite states.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Say Jesda, where'd you take that photo? It looks like an elevated point, perhaps a bell tower....? I think you know where I'm getting with this.... ;)

I've always wanted to go to Texas. The state as a whole really seems to line up with my sociopolitical views.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Seville STS 73k Miles, '90 Chevy 1500 Reg Cab
725 Posts
Say Jesda, where'd you take that photo? It looks like an elevated point, perhaps a bell tower....? I think you know where I'm getting with this.... ;)

I've always wanted to go to Texas. The state as a whole really seems to line up with my sociopolitical views.
LOL nice!

I don't mind Texas.....just keep me away from Dallas

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
I'm headed back down to San Antonio next month. If you travel north and south, take US281. It's a great way to see the Texas countryside and avoid the traffic.

·
Registered
1975 Coupe deVille d'Elegance, 05 Lesabre,91 Suburban 4x4
773 Posts
My parents spend their winters in the Texas Hill country. One of the most beautiful places on the planet.

·
Registered
2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
I like Austin and San Antonio, and the Hill Country is very pretty. Too hot and humid for me, though.

Be sure to visit the Alamo and the Riverwalk when you're in San Antonio. The Alamo is very moving, especially when you know the story, and the Riverwalk is usually cooler than street level. Very pretty, too.

·
Registered
'91 Sedan deVille
77 Posts
Always nice to hear others enjoying the home state!

I was born in Austin and my parents moved out to the country on my grandfathers land because they didn't want to raise me in the city. So here I've been my whole life about 65 miles southeast of Dallas. I'm moving back to Austin at the end of the month to room with some good buddies of mine from high school. What are you doing down here in Texas anyway? Is there some meet I didn't hear about? haha

Here's my yellow 1991 caddy posting on the Dallas craigslist http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/1895937234.html

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Must be the fact I live in a small state. But I like borders that aren't a day away with nothing but illegals in my way...
Actually, I take that back. I love California. Although, that's without the politics and also that I have roots there...

All Texas has is guns, Maffew and teh Arties. OK, I love Texas, too...

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I just wish my last trip to San Antonio didn't involve a drive from the airport to the Caddy dealer and hightailing it outta town to get home in a day and a half...

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
To me, Texas is America at it's best. Everything is big out there, there's immense pride in their state (and the country) and I can't go much farther than that without getting too political.

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
Gee, Chad, why don't mosey on down to Texas and give it a couple of years try? You might like it, or you might not. But one thing is sure, you won't be in Minne-sota anymore!

·
Registered
14,333 Posts
...there's immense pride in their state (and the country)...
What bugs me about Texas is the obnoxiousness of some Texans about how the "Great State of Texas." As if that's the official name. Or at least the brand. And how they look down their noses at "the 49 lesser states." Yes, they actually say that:

I will admit, however, that the postcard is pretty damn funny. I especially like where my older sister lives, North Colder (and it is).

Then there are the ones who keep calling it "God's Country." Obviously, they're never been to Odessa. Or Lubbock. Or Archer City, where The Last Picture Show was filmed:

My response is always "God has much better taste."

I know not all Texans are like this, but the xenophobic ones are really, really loud, so they're hard to ignore. I should know; I'm related to one (my little sister).

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
What bugs me about Texas is the obnoxiousness of some Texans about how the "Great State of Texas." As if that's the official name. Or at least the brand. And how they look down their noses at "the 49 lesser states." Yes, they actually say that:

I will admit, however, that the postcard is pretty damn funny. I especially like where my older sister lives, North Colder (and it is).

Then there are the ones who keep calling it "God's Country." Obviously, they're never been to Odessa. Or Lubbock. Or Archer City, where The Last Picture Show was filmed:

My response is always "God has much better taste."

I know not all Texans are like this, but the xenophobic ones are really, really loud, so they're hard to ignore. I should know; I'm related to one (my little sister).
I think it stems from having been an independent country for ten years. Texas isn't bad, and I wouldn't mind living there. Except, there are tornados inland and occasional hurricanes along the coast. Ginormous bugs, too. Hmmm. Back to AZ. :)

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
Except, there are tornados inland and occasional hurricanes along the coast. :)
Hey, the tornados and storms really put things into perspective and make you grateful to be alive. I've lived through one.

·
Registered
14,333 Posts
I was quite amused on my Christmas vacation when visiting the Iolani Palace in Honolulu. Texas may have been it's own country, but Hawaii was it's own kingdom.

I do not miss tornado season. Those things scared the crap out of me when I was a kid.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts