Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
94 Eldorado 31k miles
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a previous post, I described and issue I am having with the 94 Eldorado, thinking it could be a Trans issue, but its not. I noticed I am getting a stumble when the car is idling going from around 750-800 to around 500-550 and then comes back up...it feels like the car is going to stall. I have noticed this stumble when the car is going from a dead stop into either reverse or forward, and at times while driving....almost a quick loss of power, then comes back quickly....after researching on Cadillac Forums, I noticed a thread that mentioned this procedure to test coil packs....I am thinking this could be my issue...Does this sound like the problem, and does the procedure below correct for testing coil packs without going to the dealer?

"On OBD I cars, you can go into pcm override to ps04 to disable specific injectors. The test can also test your spark to each cylinder while the car is running. When you disable the injector you should hear a change in the sound from your exhaust. No change in sound, bad coil pack. I have done this test to find my previously bad packs"

The only other thing I could think of is bad gas...but I run only high test from Shell/Exxon/Sunoco etc...no cheap gas. I have cleaned throttle body and replaced the fuel filter about 200 miles ago)

Thanks in advance...

Don

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,586 Posts
It ain't the gas. Try the test and see what happens. Might also check for a vacuum leak.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts