Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove the new CTS with all wheel drive and the 260HP engine. I am now driving a 2006 STS with the same engine and I liked the CTS a thought it felt a lot like the STS. Not as sporty as the old CTS but this may have been the all wheel drive. I do find it hard to believe that there is no Blue Tooth as I really like it in the STS. Also, if you want a spare tire that is an extra at about $275. Hard to believe. I'm not sure I trust the pump and sealant approach.

Fit, finish, and interior were very good.

Would also like a bigger fuel tank. 17 gal means a lot of stops on a long trip.

Just my thoughts.

Shaf

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
According to the owners manual, the fuel tank holds 18 gallons. At 28-30 MPG on the highway, that gives you a range of around 500 miles per fill-up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The CTS Catalog says 17 Gal and the only way you will see 28 to 30 MPH is to drive 40 MPH. The best my STS has done on a 1600 mile trip is just over 25.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
92 Allanté, 2013 ATS4
348 Posts
For what it's worth: I have had my 08 CTS for 2 weeks; last week drove it on a 150 mile trip; averaged 27.5 mpg over-all at 70 mph; very good mileage for a brand new engine. And, that is the 3.6 DFI engine.

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
The CTS Catalog says 17 Gal and the only way you will see 28 to 30 MPH is to drive 40 MPH. The best my STS has done on a 1600 mile trip is just over 25.

Good Luck.
I'm definitely getting better fuel economy in my new CTS than you get in your STS. Latest results were 28.6 MPG average for the last fill-up. This was a combination of mostly highway and some in-town driving. Average speed per the DIC was 56.3 MPH (I always reset Avg Speed, Average MPG whenever I fill-up). This is with the 3.6DI.

From the owners manual:
Fuel Tank....... 18.0 gal ............... 68.1 L

·
Registered
ex-Allante owner
144 Posts
I drove the DI with most options. The sticker was $46K. The only negatives are lack of bluetooth, hard seats, cheesy sunroof blind and a busy dash.

I enjoyed the navigation, handling, sound system, and acceleration.

Compared to a bmw 335, the Caddy is more luxury but less sport.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
I'm not quite sure the CTS should be compared to the 3-Series BMW.. The old CTS was bigger than the "3" and the new CTS is even bigger.. It should be less sporty being a bigger car..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts