Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Tahoe
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a bad Crossover, really nice and roomy inside, not as wide as the escalade but still has a lot of room Called the dealership now to get pricing on it.

The dealership i test drove it i will make sure to never purchase or take a truck there for Service, Worst cadillac service Ive ever had and Ill write a post about that later on.

Glad to have my local dealership that does everything for me.

anyone here have a 2013 SRX if so what do you think of it?

·
Registered
09 escalade
540 Posts
I got my wife a 2013 Srx.
Srx is not my style but
It's pretty nice little SUV.
Build quality is way ahead of escalade.
It drives nice and good on gas.
She gets 20 mpg average mostly city driving.
I don't like the cue,
I wish I got her 2012 with big discount instead of 13 with cue.
Lots of issue's with Bluetooth and touch sensitive buttons.
They don't work well and very distracting.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I still have my 2008 SRX with a V8, the new ones are nice, much nicer than the old model on the inside, but just don't like the looks compared to the older model on the outside. :)

·
Registered
09 escalade
540 Posts
PeteKT said:
the one thing i liked was the Cue on it LOL
Cue looks great first,
But it's not user friendly and hard to use.

I agree with Carl about the way it looks,
Kind of girly imo.

·
Registered
2011 EXT Premium & 2006 STS4
212 Posts
I just had my EXT in for it's second oil change and tire rotation. The first time we took it in, they gave us a 2012 SRX to tool around in while they performed the maintenance. It had around 26 miles on it, so it was a good test drive for us. I don't really care for the style, but my wife liked the looks of them. We were both kind of unimpressed with the vehicle during our drive around the Beachwood Ohio area. The V6 seemed to rev quite high when ever I stepped into the gas in order to make the power I wanted for passing, the ride was rather stiff, and the outside sounds seemed to be more noticeable to us . It was a nice vehicle but just not for us. I was glad we had the chance to drive one, so my wife let go of the idea of owning one. On our second trip for the maintenance, we were given a 2013 XTS to drive. This car had 7 miles on it. The power it had for take-off reminded us right away of our 2006 STS4 w/V8. We both took a liking to the car as soon as we sat in it. The seats were very comfortable, the interior space was roomy feeling, and the steering wheel had a great feel to it. The car had plenty of power in traffic, and was quite quiet inside. The new touch sensitive controls would take time to get used to. We did not have the car long enough to learn everything, so it was daunting to figure them out in the short time we had the car. Over all, we were pretty impressed with the XTS. We are a multi car family and plan to keep the EXT for the big stuff, and I'm pretty sure we may be adding an XTS to the stable some time down the road.

12,821 Posts
PeteKT and roadog1aj, please let me know if you would like me to investigate any SRX or XTS questions for you while you car shop in the future! Please email me at [email protected] with any vehicle questions. (PeteKT, I'm also happy to document dealer feedback, if you wish.)

Thanks for your feedback so far, everyone! I appreciate your honesty and always enjoy documenting the various CUE feedback where the appropriate GM teams can view it.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
2013 Tahoe
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its a toss up, debating between a 2013 Escalade, 2013 SRX or the 2013 XTS

decisions decisions decisions

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,468 Posts
Easy choice for me,,,,,go BIG!!!! ESCALADE all the way!!!!

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diesel, Porsche 997 Carrera S, VW Passat SE
595 Posts
I had 07 tahoe before escalade,
It was ok but no where near escalade.
If its not much difference go with escalade.
Agreed.
I looked closely at fully decked Tahoe's and then decided to go with the Escalade:
More power
Better looking
Bigger wheels
HID headlights
LED's
Cooling seats
Heated steering wheel
Magnetic ride suspension
Retractable steps
etc
etc

Just made the decision for going to the Escalade simple of the Tahoe. Even the LTZ

·
Registered
2013 Tahoe
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fully loaded Tahoe Demo from the owner of the Dealership, MSRP of $68K 3 year lease $625 a month,

Escalade with the less options msrp $72K 39 month lease $875 a month

thats $250 a month differnce i dont mind the chevy badge

----------

this has the 22" chrome wheels from the Dealership the owner had them put on there $2995 option
and the retractable steps

·
Registered
595 Posts
Have you driven in?
Magnetic ride makes a huge difference on the 22's.
LOVE the HIDs
But you're right...$250/month is a big amount. $10K more over the coarse of the lease.

·
Registered
2013 Tahoe
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ya ive driven the Tahoe my buddy has one also just got his a few month back, I know its a differnt ride, but im not in the mood to pay $900 a month for an escalade right now, that 250 a month i can save pays my boat payment LOL

·
Registered
595 Posts
Can't argue with that.
I'm a boat guy myself. Summer can't come fast enough...

·
Registered
2013 Tahoe
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Right, the summer needs to hurry up so i can test the towing capabilities of the Tahoe LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts