Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
None
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, from the title you will think this was a dumb move, why not test drive the AWD before purchasing, and maybe I should have, but here is the short of a long story. I loved the 2.0 RWD (2014) and I was ready to purchase the vehicle that day. Well, Elco Cadillac, in Ballwin MO, likes to have a sticker price that isn't really the price. The salesman discussed monthly payments, financing and all kinds of other things with me before starting the paper work and bumping the price 4K because I wasn't a GM owner. I was pissed and left. He called the next day and let me know that it was magically only 2k more expensive than what I originally thought, went back, still pissed, he bumped it another 2k because "they ran out of coupons. I left in silence, kind of worried I was going to attack him. Then I see an AWD model on eimports4less.com website for $6000 less then Elco wanted. So I jumped on it. Bought it that day over the phone and now it is being shipped to me. I originally wanted AWD anyway because in STL we sometimes get slick winter days. Any thoughts on what will be different about the driving experience. Ohh and while we are on the subject, if you are in the STL area, don't do business with Elco Cadillac!!

·
Registered
2014 CTS Luxury 2.0
50 Posts
Not wishing to hijack your thread but I must say that my experience with Peacock Cadillac in Texas was similarly disappointing. No disrespect intended to rug merchants, but the bait and switch is tired and old. My other car is a BMW X5 (my 4th BMW) and the sales experience is far different.

I ended up getting the car after leaving twice and then forcing them to send me the purchase order with the correct prices over email 4 days later. Sigh. I love the car, but I'll never go through this nonsense again. Mine is rear drive so I have no insights on your experience other than to say that several of the YouTube video reviews were of the 2.0 AWD version and they indicate that the AWD accelerates faster than the V6 version while besting the V6 in fuel economy. As I wasn't worried about the weather (e.g. I have an X5) I chose the rwd.

·
Registered
NONE
11 Posts
Elco Cadillac's practices were despicable.

Not sure why the AWD version reportedly has better gas mileage as it is heavier. It has been my understanding that AWD models in just about any car give up 2-4 mpg's.

·
Registered
2019 CTS 3.6 Premium Luxury AWD V-Sport Trim
254 Posts
EPA shows 3.6 RWD and 2.0 AWD mileage is equal based on combined number. Difference is paying for premium in the 2.0 versus regular for the 3.6.

·
Registered
Cadillac
94 Posts
2.0T has more torque, but the 3.6L has more HP. AWD offers better grip off the line as it's getting traction with all 4 wheels. MPG on my 2.0T AWD aveverages about 21-22 MPG around town with a few brief spurts on the interstate. Getting 26-27 on the interstate. I'm not easy on the big pedal, either. Lots of low down torque and a great growl once you put the pedal down. 0-60 probably about the same with both motors.

3.6L uses regular. 2.0 Turbo uses premium. 3.6 is thirstier in real world driving, so that offsets the difference in regular vs premium prices.

I like the 2.0T. It's easier to get on the boil and really pulls well right off the line.

What you prefer is up to you.

As far as dealers are concerned, any dealer who starts off playing games like going over MSRP (or even at MSRP) would immediately be crossed off my list. I might wast their time a little bit just to make them twist in the breeze a little before telling them you bought from a more reasonable dealer, but I certainly wouldn't waste any time with them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts