Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about trading in my 3rd Escalade ESV for my 4th, a 2015 ESV Platinum. The sheer volume of known issues is giving me some hesitation, and I'd like to have a consolidated list of these problems in hand when I test drive the vehicle. I apologize if there is already an existing thread on this, I'm trying avoid printing out this entire section of the forum and "wheel-barrowing" my research into the dealership...

·
Registered
2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged
677 Posts
I'm thinking about trading in my 3rd Escalade ESV for my 4th, a 2015 ESV Platinum. The sheer volume of known issues is giving me some hesitation, and I'd like to have a consolidated list of these problems in hand when I test drive the vehicle. I apologize if there is already an existing thread on this, I'm trying avoid printing out this entire section of the forum and "wheel-barrowing" my research into the dealership...
This is actually a checklist for buying any car new or used. But in wake of the Escalade problems I understand your concern.
1. Go early in the morning not in the afternoon or evening to test drive/ purchase
2 Before you even get into the vehicle check it out for paint imperfections, look at the door jambs, and lift gate as well
3. Test drive the vehicle
4. Make sure you turn off the radio and listen for any noises/vibration
5. Take the vehicle on the interstate or a road with a high speed limit try to get it up to 70 and listen for noises.
6. After you get it back to the dealer then test the radio, heated seats, navigation etc; Also turn on the headlights, flashers etc and walk around the vehicle.
7. Also look at the interior for any blemishes in leather or wood grain, headliner etc. Sometimes you only notice imperfections when you are cleaning the vehicle so it's best to look before you set down cold hard cash in a purchase.
8. Don't let them promise you manuals, floor mats, remotes, or head phones at a later date. If you purchase the car that day then they should deliver it complete to you that same day.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
Buying new, the process is easy. The vehicle checklist comes in the window sticker what is and what isn't. Buying used is different and depending on the word if your sales guy they are usually a stand up guy and will give you what they promise. When I traded my escalade hybrid, I brought the tow hitch cover with clips, original owners manual, second key, etc a week later for the new owner to pick up as it sold already and not in the lot anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts