Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. I don't need to throw up any links to all of this. It's all over the news and the net. It's kinda hard not to know about it at this point.. It seems the FBI and CIA feels pretty certain there will be attacks here on U.S. soil as soon as next week. They also seem to feel it will be nuclear (dirty bomb or some other sort). What does everyone think about this?

What do we need to do to stop all of this? What would our grandfathers and great-grandfathers be doing? What are we doing wrong? We can't constantly live with the fear of being attacked. While most of us don't even think about this during the day, it's certainly somewhere in our heads.. What do we have to do to stop this?

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
Okay. I don't need to throw up any links to all of this. It's all over the news and the net. It's kinda hard not to know about it at this point.. It seems the FBI and CIA feels pretty certain there will be attacks here on U.S. soil as soon as next week. They also seem to feel it will be nuclear (dirty bomb or some other sort). What does everyone think about this?

What do we need to do to stop all of this? What would our grandfathers and great-grandfathers be doing? What are we doing wrong? We can't constantly live with the fear of being attacked. While most of us don't even think about this during the day, it's certainly somewhere in our heads.. What do we have to do to stop this?
Dirty bomb is really pretty lame, doesnt seem like a good terrorist weapon, more pepole would die from the blast then from the radiation. The radiation would probably up your cancer risk considerably but it would still take around twenty years to kill you, iwould think a conventional bomb like the oklahoma city bomb would be a better choice...nuclear seems unlikely to me but the consequences would be very scary as the middle east would become a sheet of glass and the world economy would be gone for 20 years

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hehe. Wacky video. I'll have to save that. :) :)

As for the terrorists.. I think it's ridiculous that a country can go to war with us by using its citizens to fight the battle and claim no responsibility... Isn't that smart of our enemies? It's stupid for us to fall for it...

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Terorrism is the tool of a coward. the people in those countries are cowards and they're weak of mind and body they blame us for their inability to make it in the world community. I have no fear of them! and I will not change anything in my life out of regard for anything that they do! I.M.H.O. We should turn their entire country into a sheet of glass....Kill'em ALL, Let ALLAH sort'em out! If they attack our country in any way retaliation should be immediate and TOTAL destruction of the country responsible! My credo is....If they punch you, Hit them with a club, If they hit you with a club, Shoot them! It may be overkill to some but I've always felt that the only fair fight is a fight that I win! If they want a fight....COME ON!

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
I just bet you loved the movie "Swordfish" Its a cool movie IMHO

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
kcnewell said:
Terorrism is the tool of a coward. the people in those countries are cowards and they're weak of mind and body they blame us for their inability to make it in the world community. I have no fear of them! and I will not change anything in my life out of regard for anything that they do! I.M.H.O. We should turn their entire country into a sheet of glass....Kill'em ALL, Let ALLAH sort'em out! If they attack our country in any way retaliation should be immediate and TOTAL destruction of the country responsible! My credo is....If they punch you, Hit them with a club, If they hit you with a club, Shoot them! It may be overkill to some but I've always felt that the only fair fight is a fight that I win! If they want a fight....COME ON!

I can finally disagree with kc on something...i agree with 95% of that post...except i dont believe terrorists are necessarily cowards..i think they fight with what they have...since they have no planes or bombs or tanks or whatever they do what they can...this is in no way an endorsement of their activities but it would be silly to expect AL-Qaeda to meet us on a battlefield. that being said the only way to deal with them is total annihilation

·
Banned
1993 Triple Black Allante
701 Posts
I think war should be avoided at all costs. I also think the solution to the problem in Iraq would be to run a smart bomb up SoDamnInsane's ass. He is on TV all the time doing his BS propaganda and if the press knows where he is then the CIA should as well. Give that idiot a choice....1) come clean and tell us what we want to know or 2) DIE. No need ot kill lots of people including ours when the solution could be to get rid of the problem. I think if we go to war over there we would get the job done, but we would also give the radicals fuel for there fire. I think we should have finished the job when we had the chance years ago. If we show the world that we mean business then maybe no one will screw with us. Those that do will know that they will die, as will there supporters. I think that if we deal with Iraq in a swift and forceful manner, N. Korea might just get the hint and tuck tail and run.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Earth is afriad we're going to get our hands on their oil.. Oh well. What's the difference? Earth hates us no matter what we do. They're our best friends when we're supporting them and giving them money, and our worst enemy when we're not...

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
When I say they're cowards I mean man to man! I would sight unseen face any three of those punks in a fist fight or a firefight without hesatation! Probably more like any five. It'll never happen 'cause they'll skulk around with fake smiles on their pinched little angry faces and never admit how they really feel. Cowards one and all! The only time they express their true feeling is from their hiding places on a video....NEVER to a mans face! Because they know that most of us would take great pleasure in dismembering them by hand! I KNOW I would!

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
Earth is afriad we're going to get our hands on their oil.. Oh well. What's the difference? Earth hates us no matter what we do. They're our best friends when we're supporting them and giving them money, and our worst enemy when we're not...

Thats the most annoying thing about this subject, the freaks who think its all a ploy to steal the oil from iraq. As if we wouldnt have done that ten years ago if that was the plan. utterly ridiculous...oh and i see your point kc

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Thanks Brett, I wouldn't want to spoil my perfect record of you agreeing with me!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
kcnewell said:
When I say they're cowards I mean man to man! I would sight unseen face any three of those punks in a fist fight or a firefight without hesatation! Probably more like any five. It'll never happen 'cause they'll skulk around with fake smiles on their pinched little angry faces and never admit how they really feel. Cowards one and all! The only time they express their true feeling is from their hiding places on a video....NEVER to a mans face! Because they know that most of us would take great pleasure in dismembering them by hand! I KNOW I would!
EXACTLY. !

In the not too distant future I'll be over there doin some skull dragin. If they don't like the influence of the US in their area of the world they shouldn't have come over here and rang out door bell. they got out attention, but they don't like attention we're goinna give 'em. The whole world knows we are THE world superpower, Yet they think they can prove someting. Every one knows we will squash them like a bug. But for some reason they think they can beat us.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Get'em Dude! If you remember the Gulf War That Idiot in charge in Iraq promised us the " Mother of all wars" and we turned his dreaded army to smoking corpses in about 15 minutes! Talk is cheap and so is he! A tinpot dictator with his head stuck firmly in his a$$! We'll kick the crap out of them again in about the same amount of time! and this time we won't stop till that S.O.B. is in HELL where he came from! And I believe we will have to fight them again before it's all over. Religious fanatics that believe they're right are the most difficult to neuturalize because they are under the mistaken impression that GOD is on their side!

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
I think we should turn that camel turd of a country into a friggin Micky D parking lot!!!!

Just wanted to join in on the ranting :D

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I wish I could take the forum with :D

that and a my shot gun. they tell me I cant bring personal my own guns. I wonder If they will let me bring gun pieces? :D

I hope it is an in and out deal. they will crumble like before, no doubt in my mind that we won't get them to quit. even if they give in we should finish the job. fights aren't won by letting the other guy tap out

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
We found that out the hard way LAST TIME!!!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
yep, sure did.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Last time we fought there, they couldn't get their white flags up fast enough.. The reason they think they can beat us is because of the Religion thing.. The problem is, there are many, many muslims in this country - who can make things very difficult for us. Look at what a few did on 9/11.. It's a difficult situation.. I know 3 black men who are Muslims.. They're very nice guys and very level-headed.. Very peaceful. But, I think the Arabs feel that they can win a war with us because these Muslims can hurt us from within our Country.

The question is - how do the Muslims in this country feel. I've never asked any of the Muslims I know (I see them very rarely) what they'd do in the event that they're religion (as the Arabs would have them believe) was under attack by America...

I think we have a very sticky situation here.. Isn't it possible that Freedom can backfire on us? I really have to wonder... What has changed since the days of World War II? Has the constitution changed? I just don't see anything like this happening with the leaders we had many years ago.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Sal,
Our biggest problem is that we keep MAKING these monsters for our own interests and then when we're done with them, we have to deal with them. Think about it, every Middle-Eastern madman that has come to power in the last 30+ years has gotten there with our help. Of course when we put them there, we didn't call them madmen. They were a tool for us. Not too much different from the Vietnam Veterans that we trained to be killing machines and then expected tham to just come home and go back to work at the corner gas station or factory. Once you BUILD a monster, you better be prepared to DEAL with that monster after their job is done.
The years have changed much in this country. Men are supposed to be "sensitive", women are supposed to be strong. Kids have no respect for anyone or anything except the almighty dollar. It's more important to be able to shoot baskets, or throw a ball than add, subtract, or write a sentence. The line between cop and criminal is getting dangerously thin. Politicians are so corrupt and powerful that they don't even have to worry about hiding their corruption anymore. Priests are being accused of unspeakable crimes against children in record numbers and the Catholic church seems to be able to keep them from prosecution. People don't know their neighbors but would sue them in a heartbeat if they kick their dog. You can get a longer prison term for killing a dog than raping a woman, or beating an old lady to death.

You mentioned the constitution, that poor thing has been bent, folded, twisted, ammended, and just plain IGNORED.

There is one thing in my estimation that has hurt this country more than anything. We are a people without HONOR nowadays and THAT is the saddest thing of all.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts