Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Concours / 88 Broughm D'el / 76 Coupe D'el
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just about to jump in the shower last night, when out in front of my house I hear.. rapid car horn,:hmm: screeeeeeech, BLAM!! screeeeeech.:wtf: My 92 Brougham is parked out front.:suspense: I run to the window. It wasn't hit. But wait... The disoriented guy who was in the 7 Series BMW that was smashed, get's out without putting his car into gear or engaging the emergency brake. It's now on a nice downhill free fall straight toward my Brougham. I wanna run outside, but I'm in the house in my underwear,:histeric: and by now my neighbors are coming out of their houses. Instead of jumping in and grabbing the brake, the guy with the BMW tries to stop the car by grabbing the b pillar, while wearing flip flops with his pants hanging off his ass :banghead: I'm screaming GRAB THE BRAKE GRAB THE BRAKE!!!... in the house, through the closed window, while I feverishly throw on the jeans and t-shirt that I just took off. I run outside. By now a neighbor is trying to help hold the BMW back. It's dragging both of them. THANK GOD it was trash day! My big blue recycle bin was out by the curb. The BMW pushed it as the Beemer went up on the curb and it ended up being the perfect buffer, getting sandwiched between the smashed up BMW and the front steel bumper (not plastic or fiberglass:tisk:) of my 92 Brougham :worship: thank you thank you.... I asked the guy if he was alright as I ran past him. He said he was okay, so I jumped in my car to move it before the area gets congested with firetrucks, ambulance, cops, tow trucks, spectators and drivers by. I noticed if I would have moved my car though, his BMW would continue down the hill. I asked him to pull his emergency brake. He said he couldn't because everything happened too fast. I said, no dude, now. He was really shook up even though he may not have realized it. All his airbags deploy, so I know he took a shot to the head. Anyway, I moved my car:yup: before thinking of taking pictures. Didn't want that ultimate driving machine catching fire and my car be trapped in by emergency vehicles, which I could hear in the distance. My neighbor came to me later and said.."When I saw you come running out of your house, I though you came out to help. You came out to move your car!":yeah: The most ironic thing was, I was supposed to take delivery for a car that very day, and the exact location in front of my house where the accident took place is just where I would have had the truck park to unload. A nice 1975 Fleetwood Brougham. It could have been tragically ironic, because the delivery was originally supposed to take place a day before, so when they said it would be there Friday instead, I cancelled. Thank God I did. Here are some pictures of the scene later that Friday night, and also an image of where I have had trucks park in the past.
...oh the people involved in the accident??? The guy with the BMW left only after the tow truck left with his car. The lady in the other car left in an ambulance. Her car went the other direction, more so where the car carrier truck would have been. My neighbors had already been tending to her, that is why one was already available to help the guy try to stop the BMW from hitting my car by the time I got outside. What a scene..

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
That sucks. Good your car didn't get hit. That's one fear I have leaving cars parked on the road.
We had someone parked infront of our house once and a pickup drove by and smashed the mirror off the parked car and the moron truck driver didn't even stop or slow down. Someone else chased them down the street to get him to stop and told him if he didn't go back to talk to the driver of the car he hit he was going to report him being involved in a hit and run. That got his attention.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
That's unbelievable sounds like a scene off a black comedy movie . :suspense: Seriously , it could have been worse and glad no one was hurt .Funny thing airbags deployed ...But why to protect the ghosts ? :suspense: :histeric:

·
Registered
95 Concours / 88 Broughm D'el / 76 Coupe D'el
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it felt like a scene from a black comedy movie, :hitstick:watching two guys get dragged down the street by a BMW rolling towards my car, only to stop an inch or so from it, while smushing the recycle bin flat. Definitely some Laurel and Hardy or Leslie Nielsen shit. That's why I jumped in immediately and moved it. I wasn't gonna sit there saying "whew.." and wiping my brow, while the BMW caught fire:tisk:. You guys are right and I hate parking my car on the street:banghead:. If I don't though, my neighbor:sneaky: (no matter how many times I ask him not too and explain why:thepan:) parks his big ass econoline van there:sneaky:, only closer to my driveway entrance. Then I can't see on coming traffic when it's time to pull out my driveway. It's like... :noidea:Is anything coming? Do they see my nose? Because I can't see them! It's really Russian roulette and people, if they are not flying up an down my street, they're texting or both. So it's like damned if you do and damned if you don't. So I park my worse Caddy out there, and back a little bit to give my driveway entrance plenty of room and sight. But I know I'm playing the odds there too.:dummy: :rolleyes:Sometimes I think of filling a five gallon bucket with concrete and sticking a pole in it with a no parking sign and leaving it in the street by the curb near my driveway. Then I could park in the driveway in comfort:cloud9::mad2::tisk:until the city finds out and fines me!

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
Glad all is cool in the end L.
Great "full moon" story!:lol:

Go Badgers!

I am a bit disappointed with you though.
A true Cadillac man would not have wasted time with jeans and t-shirt before saving the ride!:tisk:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts