Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok about a week ago my dumb ass forgot to put the radiator reserve cap on ,was on the freeway and yes the water started to exple so I pulled over immediately it didn't go into limp mode,it got alittle warm,anyways filled it up went home. Everything was fine then I noticed the temperature gauge was not moving,stuck at 160? Wtf....so I checked everything,I even put a new thermostat in as I had an extra one,now it's throwing a p0125 &p0128 code,and now when I go to start it it's sounding like it's starving for fuel,and the temp gauge will not go past 160.I put a laser thermometer on the hoses they read about 185 so what do I do

·
Registered
2006 Escalade AWD w/DiabloSport tuner,Jet Performance throttle body/MAF,Airaid MIT
1,617 Posts
Best guess is that air is in the system when the coolant poured out the reservoir when the top was off. I would remove the coolant reservoir top with the engine running in park to allow the trapped air to bubble out the system.

Reactions: SoCalESV

·
Premium Member
2004 Escalade 6.0
1,227 Posts
Wouldn't air in the system cause it to overheat not run too cool?

·
Registered
02 Escalade,96 Aurora,with Shelby engine
560 Posts
air pocket will cause it to overheat and not show up on the temp gauge

·
Registered
'93 SedanDeville 60 Special
730 Posts
The reason the engine would run like crap is
PCM is expecting from a cold start that coolant temp would be over 160 deg within like 10 minutes timeframe
if not over 160 then PCM then it will stay on open loop and ignore the feedback sensors and run in speed density/ VE mode, so ignores MAF, O2 sensors, etc

Using OBD-II scanner see what coolant and air temp is being reported
See if engine is staying in OPEN loop or is going to closed loop

Is it possible when coolant ejected that it got onto the relay for the coolant fan and fan then is running all the time even when the engine is cold so never gets hot enough

Is it possible the coolant got onto wiring for the ECT sensor and is lying to PCM ?
as sensor is putting out a resistance value and coolant on wiring or pins could cause incorrect reading ?
The fact your temp reading was 185 deg and not 160 I would start with the ECT sensor and wiring connector/pins

Is it possible to add to the problem that the new Tstat put in is really a 160 deg set opening ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts