Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
04 Cadillac Escalade EXT
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the sensor located that picks up the outside temputure? I pass 2 bank time/temp signs on my way to work and it seems my 04 EXT's temp reading is always 5 to 8 degrees higher than actual. Anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I believe the temp sensor on the 02-06's is on the passenger side next to the radiator, you have to be moving for a while to get the temp to read correctly because when you stop for traffic lights it reads heat from the radiator, and they are only close in the temp. :)

·
Registered
04 Cadillac Escalade EXT
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
might it have something to do with the fact that I have a K&N filter? The stock airbox is removed.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
might it have something to do with the fact that I have a K&N filter? The stock airbox is removed.
No that would make no difference. Some times the sensor falls out of the holder and you can see it hanging under the truck, look there first. ;)

·
Registered
2003 Escalade EXT
106 Posts
No that would make no difference. Some times the sensor falls out of the holder and you can see it hanging under the truck, look there first. ;)
This is exactly the case with mine when I bought it. I looked in the engine compartment as saw a wire with a plug/cap hanging loose. Told them to look into it and see what needed to be done before I purchased. It was the temp sensor and it is now mounted between the grill and the radiator on the passenger side. It's always about 2 or 3 degrees off, but can spike if you sit still for any length of time. If I leave it in the sun, I've come out and seen temps of 120+ when it was only 90 outside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts