Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
long time lurker first post.

anyway my telescopic and tilt steering not working. i checked the fuse and all is good. I can hear it relaying (clicking)but will not move or respond. basically it is stuck. Any help...thanks

99 sts

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'd say a loose connection or whatever. Get a voltage meter and check the voltage going to the motor that controls the telescoping and tilting motions. That will tell u if its the motor or a loose connection.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Pull the codes, you do not need a scanner, it is built into the car. There is instructions on how to do this in a sticky at the top of this forum.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are my current codes

IPM B1343
IPM B1341
PCM P0420

Still can get telescoping to work

·
Super Moderator
86,068 Posts
Posting the code definitions along with the codes will make it easier for people to help you.

·
Registered
447 Posts
So u hear a relay. The motor is probably out. The only way u will know is to take it apart and check the motor out Urself. Go to gmpartsgiant.com to the suspension section. It gives a breakdown of the steering column. Of course u will have to identify Ur car first on there. I personally would unplug the harness going to the motor to see if it's recording power and work backwards from there.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
What would the problem be if the telescope feature does not work at all in my car? The tilt function works flawlessly, but when I move the button in and out, it doesn't telescope and it makes no sound. No clicking, ticking, or knocking. Just complete silence...

·
Registered
447 Posts
What would the problem be if the telescope feature does not work at all in my car? The tilt function works flawlessly, but when I move the button in and out, it doesn't telescope and it makes no sound. No clicking, ticking, or knocking. Just complete silence...
Could be a lot of things. Until u verify ur getting power to the motor u won't be able to narrow the problem down. Not an easy task. I'm pretty sure there should be a relay for the motor. U should hear it click. If not then that may be the problem. Just speculating of course

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
That would be nice if that was the problem...The only code I saw related to TTM was U1016 History, so I'm not sure if that gives anything away...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
7 Participants
Skiller.