Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 cts
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to instal the factory navigation system on my 2009 (850 miles) CTS. I have acquired the radio, motorized screen, and control panel for the nav option. I am trying to find out if the wiring for this is already in the car or if additional wiring is necessary or even available. I have read all threads on this forum and others. I have been to my dealer who kindly ran of off the parts sheet for the dash. He however had no idea and suggested that i contact cadillac. I sent an email to them on their customer assistance address and was told that they did not offer technical advice and that i should contact my all knowing dealer. No wonder they are ready for bankrupsy court!. If any one knows anything about the internal wiring of a new 2009 CTS please let me know.

·
Registered
CTS 08
302 Posts
Welllll....

The odds of the wiring harness being the same are not good. If it isn't the same, you're going to be tearing deep, deep into the car to get it.

·
Registered
09 CTS 3.6 Metallic Red, 11 Subaru Outback, 04 Malibu Maxx
278 Posts
I beleive it was mentioned before that the proper wiring harness wasnt included if you didnt order it OEM...you will also have to run the antenna wiring.....I forget if that is in the sharkfin or in the rear window to be honest.....either way....agree with the above....you will also have to get the unit unlocked and matched to you vin, and probably a disk update....the control panel also changes as you have buttons specific to the nav in the center console.....and you will have to wire it for voice commands I beleive thru the onstar module...no completely sure on that one...

here is the thread for someone trying to install in an 08 CTS.....his harness was different....

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-forum-2008-beyond/164895-2008-cts-navigation.html

·
Registered
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T Matte Titanium Metallic
755 Posts
I sent an email to them on their customer assistance address and was told that they did not offer technical advice and that i should contact my all knowing dealer. No wonder they are ready for bankrupsy court.
No offense bud, but your comment on "bankrupsy" is laughable...All because Cadillac doesn't have a Tech Support line to help you with your modifications to your CTS? :cookoo:
This is going to end up costing more than the package would even cost from the factory. Good luck!

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
Oh man, I have a headache just thinking of all of the issues you will have to overcome. I suppose with enough time and money this could be done, but I don't have enough of either.

·
Registered
2009 CTS Black\Ebony PDQ\FE3
164 Posts
Why did you not just get one with the nav???

I am sure all car makers beside Cadillac offer detailed steps to retrofit navigation systems and make sure they place all the extra wiring in the car just in case.

I am pissed at GM, because I just picked up 2 cheap cylinders on ebay and I cannot seem to add them to my engine because they did not leave everything in there I needed to have a V8 and will not tell me what I need to do. F them, bring on "bankrupsy" :duck:

·
Registered
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T Matte Titanium Metallic
755 Posts
I am pissed at GM, because I just picked up 2 cheap cylinders on ebay and I cannot seem to add them to my engine because they did not leave everything in there I needed to have a V8 and will not tell me what I need to do. F them, bring on "bankrupsy" :duck:
:lawl:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts