Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 SRX4 3.0 Engine
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Given the issues with carbon perhaps it should be a part of our routine maintenance? what are your guys thoughts? Here is a thread off the internet about this, there are lots more to read up on if you wish

Good morning Steven,

Thanks for choosing CRC products. This product will not dilute the oil and will not score the valves or cylinder walls. It will break down the carbon in a slow and controlled way. Using the product a week or two before changing the oil is a good idea. The oil change is a recommendation but not a requirement so the product can be used at any time. The product remains active in the system for up to 10 days depending on how much the vehicle is driven. It will not raise exhaust temps. It will also not harm MAP sensors and temp/boost sensors. It will harm a MAF sensor though so we always recommend spraying downstream from the MAF. A lot of the newer vehicles do not have MAF’s today, only MAP. If the treatment has not been done before, we recommend doing the treatment, driving 1000 miles, then doing the treatment again as needed. Let me know if you have any questions, and have a good day!

Anthony Rose | Technical Service Lab Technician III | CRC Industries, Inc.
e: [email protected] | p: 1.800.521.3168

To: Technical Services <[email protected]>
Subject: question about using your product GDI valve cleaner

Hello i am interested in using your product for my vehicle with direct injection, however i am concerned about oil dilution and possible cylinder valve scoring. should your product be used prior to an oil change? or at any time? I am also concerned about mass airflow sensor / catalytic converter damage. can you tell me more about your product

thank you

Steven

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,423 Posts
Tripwire - thanks for posting this. DI cleaning is a pretty well-discussed subject in many of these forums so I'll move the thread to The Lounge for all to see - and leave a permanent redirect up in SRX 2nd gen.

·
Registered
2007 SRX AWD
202 Posts
How would I spray downsteam of the MAF on my car 2007 SRX 6 cyl engine?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts