Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

Picked up an 08 CTS4 with DI this past month. Love the car, just doing some repairs/maintenance. Still amazes me that an 08 is an 'old car'!

Wondering if any of the tech folks here have used the GM Tech II on this generation CTS. Looks like it requires the CANdi module, which I do not have access to currently, in order to do the most basic of functions. I was hopeful to do the full brake bleed procedure on the car, as the previous owner had let air into the brake system. Eh, I got a good deal on the car!

My world has been LS1 based road racing engines and suspension in Corvettes. This doesn't frighten me off in the least, just need a few more goodies for the tool box!

Best to you all, look forward to being a giving member in the community. I love to do tutorials and how-tos on projects I do.

Cassidy

2014 32' Vintage Toy Hauler
2012 Silverado HD2500
2008 Cadillac CTS4 3.6 DI
2000 Fixed Roof Coupe (FRC) Road Race Car Track Prepared
1982 Corvette Collector Edition

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,086 Posts
As far as your question goes I'm of no help, but welcome. There are lots of how-to's around here, and feel free to ask questions.

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6 LY7
285 Posts
...yes, lot's of helpful folks on this forum, but few have acce$$ to a Tech II to help answer your question. Looking thru the factory manuals I see how it makes debugging so much easier, you can read individual sensors and command actuators. Door locks don't work? OK, just use the Tech II see directly if FOB or switch detected, command lock/unlock, etc.

·
Registered
2002 Eldorado Biarritz
451 Posts
Morning all,

Picked up an 08 CTS4 with DI this past month. Love the car, just doing some repairs/maintenance. Still amazes me that an 08 is an 'old car'!

Wondering if any of the tech folks here have used the GM Tech II on this generation CTS. Looks like it requires the CANdi module, which I do not have access to currently, in order to do the most basic of functions. I was hopeful to do the full brake bleed procedure on the car, as the previous owner had let air into the brake system. Eh, I got a good deal on the car!

My world has been LS1 based road racing engines and suspension in Corvettes. This doesn't frighten me off in the least, just need a few more goodies for the tool box!

Best to you all, look forward to being a giving member in the community. I love to do tutorials and how-tos on projects I do.

Cassidy

2014 32' Vintage Toy Hauler
2012 Silverado HD2500
2008 Cadillac CTS4 3.6 DI
2000 Fixed Roof Coupe (FRC) Road Race Car Track Prepared
1982 Corvette Collector Edition
You will need the Candi Module. Same thing for your Silverado. They go pretty cheap used on eBay.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perfect. Thanks! I would like to be able to use this to diagnose some oddball issues as they pop up. My current project (well, if you count Tuesdays 'new door harness' and reflow solder to the connectors inside the left door control module) is to find a fix for the lazy rear door locks. I see on these forums that it is the small motors inside the door lock actuators that get gummed with carbon and residue. I want to disassemble, figure out where to drill into the modules for electronics cleaner and where to drill so it all runs out. Then, make a template people can download and use.

I do try to give back when I can :)
Thanks again, off to find a set of factory manuals and a CANdi module

Cassidy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts