Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where is the Transmission Control Module located on a 2003 CTS?

My computer was reading codes that said that TCM was malfunctioning, which caused "Reduced Engine Power".

I have ordered the new TCM (Transmission Control Module), but I am not sure where is it located in the vehicle.

If someone can guide me the location and possible the replacement procedure, I'd really appreciate it.

If anyone does not have the replacement procedure, and does know the location of the part, I'd really really appreciate if you can let me know.

Thanks soo sooo much in advance.

** I have attached the picture of the Part that I have bought.

Attachments

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do know that on a 97 Catera it is under/behind the passenger side dash, and not inside the transmission, so I am wondering if it is actually inside the transmission ??

Thanks a LOT for the quick reply though!

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thankyou SOOO... Much for your quick reply. Would you be knowing where on the right fender is it located exactly, and/or how to reach it (i mean from under the hood or from inside the car)?

·
Registered
2003 CTS
46 Posts
The TCM is found here on the picture. (Sorry I was puttingon VC gaskets on my CTS and Pic doesnt do it justice.) I also had the same issue and found that sometimes when the battery gets below 13.4V it acts up. I wound up getting a replacement off ebay and also bought a new battery from the dealership. If you do you can swap them out and clear the code by holding down the f1 & f6 key on the radio, thats if you have the non NAv one. Easy to reaplce you dont need to get under anything and its held in by one screw. It took me like 1 minute to replace mine, took longer to sit in the car and clear the code with the OBD than it did installing the new one. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
T H A N K S A L O T Guys

This forum and its members R O C K

You have no clue how much I appreciate all the help and support I have received.

Two Thumbs Up !!

·
Registered
cts
2 Posts
not to bring a thread from dead, but does anyone know where the tcm is on an 06 cts? is it the same location as this one?

·
Registered
Cadillac
24 Posts
Before changing any expensive parts, if I were you, i'd try to give a good long slow charge to your battery, using a good automatic battery charger. It wont cost you anything and it may do the job. Recently I had next to the same ploblem, and after having spent more than 1000$ for no result, That's what I did and the problem disappeared. Even if your battery is strong enough to crank the engine, it may not give a good enough voltage to make your car computers work properly. It most be a slow charge (10 amps or less) for many many hours.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts