Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting conflicting information from the dealer and from other sources. What does the TC0025 code really refer to? The dealer is telling me it's the computer code for the traction control and that it (the computer) needs to be replaced. Other sources are telling me that it has to do with the speed sensor. Yes, I also have the TC0027 code as well which I know refers to the left front speed sensor.

My question is, does having the TC0025 code really mean that the computer is bad and needs to be replaced, or does that code refer to another sensor.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,975 Posts
T025 ................................................... LF Wheel Speed Sensor Fault

·
Registered
96' Eldorado, 00' Volvo 770 N14+ 525HP
154 Posts
As long as you dont have the two codes along with your TC0025:

PZ2042 - Loss of ABS/TCS Serial Data Communications

PC1571 - Internal Malfunction

Check your other codes, if you do have one of the two codes, they are not BSing you, you will need a new EBTCM. Hope you dont have them! Even if the EBTCM is bad its not that bad to replace.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked the codes just after I picked it up. The only code current was the TC0027. I do NOT have the PZ2042 or the PC1571 (current or history). Plan B, go to another dealer that I know of this weekend. I called my former dealer in Phoenix (I moved to FL) and they said the exact same thing in that it's not the computer.

Thanks for the replies and the peace of mind fellas!!!!

Jason

·
Registered
154 Posts
You can check the sensor with a DVOM by uplugging it and checking the resistance between the two wires on the plug, then check both wires on the harness/engine side, put black on ground/frame and red on one pin then the other, if anything pops up other than OF or OFL you have a shorted wire to the sensor, could be why dealer didnt want to bother with hunting down a bad wire. Just a thought.

Good luck!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One more question.. Are the TC0025 and TC0027 codes referring to 2 different sensors, or are they related to the same one???

·
Super Moderator
86,975 Posts
T025 ................................................... LF Wheel Speed Sensor Fault
T027 ........................................ LF Wheel Speed Sensor Continuity Fault
Bad sensor.

·
Registered
96 SLS
160 Posts
I had both codes (25 & 27) had to replace EBTCM to cure problem. Got used replacement from cadillac heaven for $180. Brand new from dealer $1020believe G$7parts wanted $700, new on ebay $540 and used on ebay about $300. First one they sent was defective an they shipped replacement right away no problems. Fairly easy to change if thats determined to be the problem.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I had both codes (25 & 27) had to replace EBTCM to cure problem. Got used replacement from cadillac heaven for $180. Brand new from dealer $1020believe G$7parts wanted $700, new on ebay $540 and used on ebay about $300. First one they sent was defective an they shipped replacement right away no problems. Fairly easy to change if thats determined to be the problem.
Wow! I got a steal for my EBTCM then, I only paid $50 for mine out of a 95' sls with only 60k miles from a junkyard. Got the pump and module.

I wanted to get the 95' one due to the 96's having that damn internal software bug.
Man was it nice to get my first gear back!

My codes indicated that my LF wheel speed sensor had a fault but I also had the code for INTERNAL MALFUNCTION(code p1571? i think.)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just got the car back from the Dealer and had them only replace the sensor. Well, the DAMN LIGHT IS STILL ON!!!! I ran the codes and again, all I get is TC0025 HISTORY and TC0027 CURRENT. There is no mention of the computer malfunction code (I can't recall what that is right now). SLS GOLD, you said that you had to replace the computer to get rid of the 25 and 27 codes. Were you also getting any other codes that related to this? The 25 and 27 codes are the only ones that I have and have had ever since this started. I'm having a really hard time believing that the computer is bad and yet it doesn't throw a code. Am I missing something here??? Also, what does this sensor look like? Where on the wheel is it? I want to look at it with the wheel off to see if they even put one in and/or if they even plugged it in. Can I do this, or is it hard to see???

Thanks fellas.

·
Super Moderator
86,975 Posts
The sensor is an integral part of the hub. The only thing you will see is the electrical connector on the inboard side of the hub.

·
Registered
96 SLS
160 Posts
That was the only two codes I had. I purchased the hub from AutoZone (Timken Brand) hoping that was the problem. It was not. I still got the two codes and had to replace the EBTCM. I think the part number is 2563319. I purchased from Cadillac Haven 1-800-227-9330. Ask for the EBTCM from a car with last 6 digits of vin number higher than 826978. If you search the forum it will explain vin number lower than this are the ones with the prgraming number. While you are at it check your vin number to see if itis higher or lower. Like i said before, the first one they sent me gave the same codes but they replace with another one with no problem and no additional cost to me. Cost was $180 (150 for part and 30 for shipping)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts