Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, who has it installed with video/pictures? What are the hp/tq gains? I’ve seen the YouTube video already.

·
LF4 Platform Master Tuner
2018 ATS-V M6
652 Posts
Ok, who has it installed with video/pictures? What are the hp/tq gains? I’ve seen the YouTube video already.
These brand new systems are still in pre-order stage. First production batch is scheduled to ship next month. So the only ones who have tested are our beta cars.

·
Registered
655 Posts
People are running high 9s through the stock catback, it's really not a restriction at this point. There's a few slight crimps in the tubing near the X pipe and chassis brace but other than that it's pretty much a 2.75" diameter mandrel bent X-pipe exhaust with a straight through muffler when the valves are open. Any catback change really comes down to if you want a change in tone and increased volume out the tailpipes, not because the stock catback is restrictive and hurting power.

Catless downpipes by themselves really won't increase power without a tune since with the stock tune the ECM is targeting specific cylinder airmass numbers to meet programmed torque targets. Catless downpipes will increase delta P & T across the turbine wheel and as such can support earlier/faster spooling and more peak power because they're less restrictive than cats, but the gains won't be a set number-- they'll be some percentage of your overall power level. For pump gas tunes making ~480rwhp I've seen people state about a 20rwhp difference between catless and catted downpipes... but maybe Scott can chime in with some actual dyno numbers on cars that he has tuned.

·
LF4 Platform Master Tuner
2018 ATS-V M6
652 Posts
As usual, tta1456 is dead on the money with his comments above...

Catless downpipes add measurable power on these cars, as long as you have a solid tune. Ours use hollow chamber resonators, which produce the best sound quality and sweet turbo sounds.

ATS-V OEM cat-back exhaust systems aren't really much of a restriction, so I wouldn't expect more than 5 whp gain with any aftermarket system. For us it's more about improved sound and eliminating the on/off silliness of the active exhaust valves slamming open at 3,500 rpm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts