Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
06 STS-V & 06 STS 4 (sold 2016)
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tapatalk isn't working for me at all. Is that on my end or did something break for that functionality?

Thanks.

·
Registered
92 Fleetwood 2dr cpe - FWD, 96 Seville SLS, 02 Seville
763 Posts
Yep, same problem here.

Tried my own recommendations for when the site went lIve on new software , clear cache, cleared chrome cookies and cache.

I'm able to to re-add the forum to Tapatalk. But, when I try to login, I get the following error:
"Server error occurred: '0 Call to unjdefined method California/Repository/User::do.threshold() (MbqRdEtUser.php:603)'

The forum support has to install a tapatalk add-on for Tapatalk to work. I am able to browse forums and topics, but not login.

It would appear, that CF support did something on an update, and needs to reinstall the add-in. (My Tapatalk works fine for 10 other sites, thus my belief that this is a CF problem)

·
Registered
763 Posts
Update, have the same problem with another site , also deployed on xenforo. So, maybe is tied to a xenforo update. Last Tapatalk plugin for XenForo was issued on Aug 21. There was a prior release (jun/Jul) that dealt with issues arising from a site shutdown/startup sequence.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Working for me as well.

So, what did the support team do. Update XenForo and broke cf? Update add-in and fixed it?

·
Registered
763 Posts
New, possibly related problem.

In Tapatalk, there are 4 primary menu items:
  • groups (forums)
  • settings
Feeds have 2 items:
  • anything that you have posted to
  • anything you are subscribed to
When entering the feeds/subscribed menu, user is presented with new postings grouped by forums with latest listed at top.

When clicking on this item, the various threads that have been updated since the last time I looked. These "new" threads are indicated with a blue verticle bar on the left.

For all my forums, including CF, upon clicking feeds/subscribed, I am down those forum groupings that have updates, including CF. But when I click the CF forum, I do not get the blue bar indicators. The threads are ordered correctly. But if I back out to main menu and click on groups/CF one time, and then reenter feeds, the blue bars show up.

I use Tapatalk on 9 forums. The blue bar problem only exists on CF.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Here ya go (posted from Tapatalk)

1) primary screen, 4 options across the top, last used is presented, in this case, my subscription feed, note the Yukon post at top (with blue bar indicating this forum has unread) and the Cadillac feed below it.
2) entered Cadillac feed, note lack of blue bars. The latest post is 26 minutes old.
3) back to main menu, select left most option that gets me to groups. CF is top left.
4) click on CF, it shows forums and blue bars
5) back to main menu/feeds options/select Cadillac feed. Note the blue bars are now present for the various threads

·
Administrator
2,312 Posts
Unfortunately, Tapatalk is a 3rd party app which means we have very little control of the manner in which it displays.

Have you tried accessing the site from your mobile browser yet? The site is responsive, so it will adjust automatically for you from any device.

- Cricket

·
Registered
763 Posts
Tapatalk provides libraries to be installed for forum software. One of the other forums that on subscribe to uses XenForo as well and works just fine. That suggests that cf should check that they have the latest tt library installed.

Btw, found a second symptom. This feed showed up on my tt subscription list. Opened, tried to reply, and was denied claiming I need to be logged in. Backed out, went to groups/CF per above, then back to feeds and everything worked fine.

Lastly, the Tapatalk layout is more user friendly than the XenForo mobile layout. As such, anything that supports tt gets my ad eyeballs on a daily basis. Anything that doesn't support tt gets an eyeball visit about 1/2 times / month.

·
Administrator
2,312 Posts
Tapatalk provides libraries to be installed for forum software. One of the other forums that on subscribe to uses XenForo as well and works just fine. That suggests that cf should check that they have the latest tt library installed.

Btw, found a second symptom. This feed showed up on my tt subscription list. Opened, tried to reply, and was denied claiming I need to be logged in. Backed out, went to groups/CF per above, then back to feeds and everything worked fine.

Lastly, the Tapatalk layout is more user friendly than the XenForo mobile layout. As such, anything that supports tt gets my ad eyeballs on a daily basis. Anything that doesn't support tt gets an eyeball visit about 1/2 times / month.
@sefiro

Thanks for the detailed feedback, I have shared this with the design team.

Have a great weekend!

Jeff M

1 - 14 of 14 Posts