Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Silver CTS V, Custom CAM, B&B Headers & pipes, K&N cai
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow-we had a show at the Cadillac dealership for the pre race here in Charlotte NC today. so they introduce me to big wig GM guy and I also talked with 2 drivers, #8 Pilgrim and #1 Lawson!! what a blast, we compared cars!
any how, the GM guy said for a fact that the fall of 2008 the 2009 V vill be out and will definatley have over 500hp!! it will have STS rear end.

P.S. both drivers signed my sun visor----is that an instant $5000 added to value of car..:)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Sweet!

I've been seeing more Vs around Charlotte... Gotta a black/black with the only personalized plate I've seen in town...

·
Registered
Cadillac 06' CTS-V
140 Posts
I would think you should get value add on the signed visors. When Carrol Shelby signed the dashboard of a GT500 recently, it jumped in value.

BTW - I watched your videos posted on the web, the oh @#$% its a cop, the car overview and when you picked it up after the upgrades.... Nice and you are a hoot....

So, I am getting ready to do a cam, headers and CAI. I have B&B on the car already with a resonator. Did you run resonator or x pipe with the headers. Also, if you will share, what cam did you install?

Thanks,

Tim - 12race

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
"I'll give you $5 for the used Kenny Logins record."
"But it's signed!"
"Ok I'll give you four."

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,082 Posts
In a story about the G8 in GMHTP mag, they indicate that "it is unlikely that the G8 GXP will get the 500+ HP LSA (supercharged LS3?)". More food (or rumor) for thought I guess.

Btw, whatever engine ends up in there I bet it will "Do zero to sixty in zero seconds. You're there before you left" ;)

-Chris

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V
49 Posts
I confess to having mixed emotions about the likelihood of a 500+-hp V for 2009.

On the one hand, I'd love to see Cadillac continue to develop our wonderful vehicle, even if it causes me (owner of a 2005) extreme fits of jealousy.

On the other hand, if GM experiences a crisis of conscience and decides the path to a successful future is eco-green, then maybe there won't be another V, in which case we'd have instant collector'$$$ items in our garages.

I guess we win either way, either long-term or short-term...

·
Registered
CTS-V
874 Posts
Dean,

They want you to buy a new car....it wont have 500HP, and the fact that it has the shitty STS rear tells us they havent learned a thing....too bad.

F
A good friend of mine is working on troubleshooting procedures for the new rear and it may be "an STS rear end" but it certainly isn't the current STS rear end.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I think the guy you spoke with was VERY misinformed. He probably had no idea what the F he was talking about. An "STS rearend", what does that even refer to? An STS-V rearend? An STS V6 rearend? And "500HP"? Highly doubt it; I WISH, but doubt it. It appears that he is just rambling about heresay and is full of shit.

Would you like to know how I really feel about it?? :rant2:

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
In a story about the G8 in GMHTP mag, they indicate that "it is unlikely that the G8 GXP will get the 500+ HP LSA (supercharged LS3?)". More food (or rumor) for thought I guess.

-Chris
Chris, I read the same thing, but I thought GMHTP said without question that the 2009 V will be the blown LSA.

I believe that article stated something like (paraphrasing): "The G8 GXP will not have the same engine as the 2009 CTS-V (which will have the LSA, a supercharged LS3) boasting over 500 horsepower.

It read somthing like that........I think.

G

·
I think it will have the new LSX at 500CI with a procharger! and a 9" rear! LOL
does anyone really know a thing about the new V?

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,082 Posts
Chris, I read the same thing, but I thought GMHTP said without question that the 2009 V will be the blown LSA.

I believe that article stated something like (paraphrasing): "The G8 GXP will not have the same engine as the 2009 CTS-V (which will have the LSA, a supercharged LS3) boasting over 500 horsepower.

It read somthing like that........I think.
DOH, i forgot to add the rest of the quote. "..like the 2009 CTS-V". I'll edit my post to add that part.

-Chris

Hmm, it won;t let me edit that post. Odd.

·
Registered
04 Cadillac CTS-V
181 Posts
does anyone really know a thing about the new V?
I only know what I have seen with my own eyes at a certain prototype building for a certain auto manufacturer. ;)

Can't say specifics since they don't exactly list them for motor and which rear end, but there will be a few really big changes as far as the car itself.

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
Glad to see youre still around Dean!!

I sure hope the new V can get me there before I left!! LOL!! Actually Im not that much of a fan of the new CTS. Sadly I am eyeballing the V8 G8 as my next ride.

Anyway, I might be in Charlotte in October for a panthers game. If thats the case I must meet the legend that is Dean400hp!! Ill keep ya posted on that one!

GO PANTHERS!!!

·
Registered
2004 BLK Cadillac CTS-V
245 Posts
Why so much doubt that the new V will have 500+hp??? I am quite sure it will. They benchmarked the last gen M5 for our cars, only makes sense they benchmark and better the current M5 for the next one.

·
Registered
Cadillac
739 Posts
I would think you should get value add on the signed visors. When Carrol Shelby signed the dashboard of a GT500 recently, it jumped in value.

BTW - I watched your videos posted on the web, the oh @#$% its a cop, the car overview and when you picked it up after the upgrades.... Nice and you are a hoot....

So, I am getting ready to do a cam, headers and CAI. I have B&B on the car already with a resonator. Did you run resonator or x pipe with the headers. Also, if you will share, what cam did you install?

Thanks,

Tim - 12race
Carol Shelby is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different than a driver... I say no added value and maybe even a decline...

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Carol Shelby is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different than a driver... I say no added value and maybe even a decline...
F-that: I'll give you $200 cash to switch sunvisors with me right now.

Would the average dealer give more for it? No way- but for someone who knows it's cool as hell.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts