Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
cadillac sts
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am looking to bring back my leather interior to it's original brand new condition (i understand there will be limits to what I can do)

I would appreciate some advice from those who have done it in the past. So my I have researched and people suggest to clean, polish, condition, etc.

I was wondering what products for each step would be recommended.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
'79 coupe deville, '04 Deville DTS White Lightning
3,211 Posts
All I can say is I just started using lexol products after seeing people's reviews on it all over this site and I love it. Brings out the smell of the leather and moisturizes and protects it without leaving a glossy shine. After all, the car shouldn't have come from the factory with shiny leather. It should have a more natural matte look to it.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Don't bother with conditioner. The leather is coated, and conditioner can't penetrate into it. It will do nothing but provide a shine for a few days.

·
Registered
2005 STS N*, 1SF, 144K mi.
650 Posts
Lexol leather cleaner then Leather Honey.

In fact, when it cools off a bit, I need to do both of our cars, again. I try to do it every six months, but it winds up being annual, 'cause it's not easy.

·
Premium Member
'79 coupe deville, '04 Deville DTS White Lightning
3,211 Posts
Definitely condition the leather. I understand there is a lot of leather out there heavily coated in stuff that makes it feel plasticky, but it should help with cracking. Also the seats on the v and platinum are more exposed and porous leather. Also, the leather dash and door panels (platinum and v) will become permanently damaged if you don't moisturize it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
cadillacst said:
Hi All,

I am looking to bring back my leather interior to it's original brand new condition (i understand there will be limits to what I can do)

I would appreciate some advice from those who have done it in the past. So my I have researched and people suggest to clean, polish, condition, etc.

I was wondering what products for each step would be recommended.

Thanks
Hi,
I just bought Meguiar's leather conditioner. I used it the other day and left the car in the garage. I noticed a new, soft and luxurious feeling! It was definitely worth it!

05 STS V8 4

·
Registered
2006 sts4 v8 has every option available
45 Posts
Ardex leather perfect and liquid leather are great products stay away from to much cleaning products GM leather will bleed after to much cleaning been detailing cars for 10+ years and would never let meguiars product s touch my Sts IMO

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
edoubble2082 said:
Ardex leather perfect and liquid leather are great products stay away from to much cleaning products GM leather will bleed after to much cleaning been detailing cars for 10+ years and would never let meguiars product s touch my Sts IMO
Agree to disagree. I only use meguiars and I've had nothing but stellar results.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V
320 Posts
Leatherique rejuvenating oil and prestine clean are the only way to go. Smells great, just like a leather shop, and you can really tell that the leather is clean and supple. No greasy residue. It's expensive (about $70 for the 16 oz. kit), but it's the only product I'll use in my V.

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/leatherique-leather-care-how-to/
This guy clearly knows what he is talking about, if you used the search function you would have noticed that I started a thread almost identical to this thread last year.

A few members recommended Leatherique, I ordered the 16oz kit and could not have been happier with the final results. I highly recommend this product to any member on these boards and will continue to use this on my STS and future vehicles.

I actually just completed the Leatherique treatment this past weekend and was once again completely satisfied. Take my word and try this product before wasting your time and money with more primitive products mentioned like meguires etc...these products simply pale in comparison.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts