Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'97 Forest Green Catera
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Caddy dealer moved his location and it is no longer convenient. I have bad experiences taking my Catera to indy shops. Right now, I have a mysterious oil leak that for some reason is much worse in the winter. Also a coolant leak that seems to happen in the winter only. :confused:

The Catera engine wasn't used in many cars, but it was used in some SAABs. Has anyone used a SAAB dealer?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2 1997 Cateras: black&ocean green
698 Posts
I live on the GA/SC border and my closest Saab dealer is in another state- about 50 miles away. But I think that would only be useful if you had engine problems- like in your case. Otherwise, I don't know... Try Saturn instead. Didn't Saturn use the same engine?

·
Registered
78 Deville 10 CTS-V Sedan M6 10 SRX Turbo Premium
252 Posts
I have had the best luck taking ours to Lockhart Cadillac of Indianapolis. I don't know where in Indy you live, but they have been really good on fixing problems I couldn't or didn't want to fix myself.

·
Registered
1999 Catera Sport
677 Posts
Yay Lockhart!!!!! Dan York is the best. He works in service. He left on vacation a little less than 2 weeks ago and will probably be back in this week. I'm a highschool student but i'm a car fanatic. I do most of my own work, but when i'm too busy with other cars or can't do something on my own i take my car to dan, and i can actually afford it (that means they're pretty fare on prices, and they're dirt cheap compared to other caddi dealerships). I have a Caddi family, mom drives sts, me and my brother drive cateras, i convinced my aunt to buy a cts over a lexus and she loves me for it :thumbsup: My brother owns a 97 and i own a 01 and the only place we take them is lockhart. He actually drives down from purdue to have it worked on,..... i guess all i'm trying to day is ditto to ^^^^^^ :thepan:

·
Registered
Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport
1,840 Posts
Certain model Saturns used the L81 3.0 liter V6 too. The engine computer may be the same as well. Easier to find Saturn shops than SAAB dealers.

·
Registered
1999 Catera Sport
677 Posts
To make things clear of possible complications in the future, i go to greenwood off of 31 (so sorry if you called the Indianapolis location and asked for dan york,... :bigroll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts