Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS4
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted the other day but my post disappeared.

Anyway, I've been lurking a while and finally signed up. Picked up a black 2005 CTS-V with 38,000 miles for my wife.

We took it to a local dyno day and it put down 332/325

Not going to do any mods except maybe the CAGS eliminator and I'd like to modify the nav to allow my wife to use it while I'm driving. I'm guessing I can ground some wire to think I'm not moving.

Thought I'd say hello.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Temp and humidity increase and that gave you 14hp and 14tq?! No wonder the Texas V's are the fastest V's on this forum, they must love the heat! Did they just remember to turn the AC off on the 2nd run? lol oh and Welcome!

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V Platinum
1,182 Posts
Congrats to your wife and her awesome ability to actually drive a performance vehicle. My girlfriend still thinks that the clutch is the "other brake pedal"...

The CAGS! is a really simple "mod" and just makes the car easier to drive...

There is no magical wire to ground that will allow you to play with the navigation once the car is in motion. If you want to input an address or putz around in the nav you'll have to park it first....sucks, I know.

·
Registered
05 PLATINUM CTS-V
2,985 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Greetings and :welcome: to the :v: and the Cadillac Forum.

Those numbers look just about right for a stock V.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,080 Posts
Shifter.

You gotta do a shifter.

Stock shifter was designed for guys like me. Well, not JUST like me, 'cause I like to shift. But, you know, old farts.

Just get a shifter.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
1,415 Posts
for the wife you say? OK you and your wife are no longer allowed to talk to my wife. her 74 pinto is just fine

·
Registered
2009 CTS4
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Temp and humidity increase and that gave you 14hp and 14tq?! No wonder the Texas V's are the fastest V's on this forum, they must love the heat! Did they just remember to turn the AC off on the 2nd run? lol oh and Welcome!
Actually I think it just wasn't fully warmed up the first run. I wanted to run it a third time but it was an all Ford event and there were people waiting in line. I had my Cobra up there (blew up a catalytic converter on the dyno, that was an experience!) and my wife stopped by after she got off work so they let me slip it up there. She made a lot of Mustangs jealous.

I considered doing the shifter because it sure seems like a sloppy shift but she drives like a normal person so she doesn't need it and I only drive it occasionally on weekends so I don't really need it.

So there's no trick to the nav? What does it work off to know that you're stopped? I would have expected I could fool it into thinking I was always stopped. Maybe it works off GPS?

Yah my wife wanted a regular CTS but I was a bit concerned with the oil consumption problem that I've read about and my friend that has one had his rings replaced under warranty. We drive a lot because we live in the middle of no where. She's put on ~6000 miles in a month and a week. :S

Anyway thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/index.html

There's some good stuff on there about the Nav, including a way to watch a DVD while moving, as well as other important stuff. Probably a good read for wifey if she's bored.

:welcome:

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
welcome aboard!!!

and you will find out as i am just starting... mod hell is a bitch!

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, Powered by Chevrolet
835 Posts
...So there's no trick to the nav? What does it work off to know that you're stopped? I would have expected I could fool it into thinking I was always stopped. Maybe it works off GPS?...
Anyway thanks for the welcome.
c4ss posted the FAQ link to bypass the safety feature. It works nicely.

The Navigation works off a few sensors (vehicle speed, steering wheel, ABS wheel, & yaw) to estimate the location of the vehicle in the event that satellite communication is lost. The feature is called "dead reckoning." It may be very difficult to defeat the DVD disable feature other than the one that is specified in the FAQ section.

·
Registered
2009 CTS4
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Joe,

Fancy seeing you here! I must be blind. I keep looking and searching through the cadillac faqs to bypass the safety feature but I'm not finding it. Can you give me a direct link or a term to search for to find it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2009 CTS4
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's my first GM product. It's a nice car. I like it a lot. That being said, it's been in for warranty work twice in a month. I hope that's not a sign of things to come. They replaced the driveshaft and differential bushing the first time and the motor mount, an interior panel, a metal piece of the car that fell off that looked like a support under the driveshaft and the shift knob the 2nd. The warranty goes until 5/23/2011 or 100,000 miles so at least there's some time.

I could see myself picking up another for me to drive. Wifey says I have to get rid of a car before I get any new ones though.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,080 Posts
Build another garage. Voila! Fixed.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
It's my first GM product. It's a nice car. I like it a lot. That being said, it's been in for warranty work twice in a month. I hope that's not a sign of things to come. They replaced the driveshaft and differential bushing the first time and the motor mount, an interior panel, a metal piece of the car that fell off that looked like a support under the driveshaft and the shift knob the 2nd. The warranty goes until 5/23/2011 or 100,000 miles so at least there's some time.

I could see myself picking up another for me to drive. Wifey says I have to get rid of a car before I get any new ones though.
welcome! looks like the first couple dealer visits got the norms down...diff bushing..motor mount/s...

p.s. if your wife is driving it that much you might wanna tune it...gets rid of the stupid skip shift too...I got better MPH after the tune...you know how all the factory tunes are "one size fits all" if you got the A/F ratio with your dyno and it looks good then your all set ...if not ......

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, Powered by Chevrolet
835 Posts
This is my first GM car too. I must sat that it's a rush to drive but thankful for a factory warranty. Looking to extend the warranty $oon.

·
Registered
2009 CTS4
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Build another garage. Voila! Fixed.
I'm completely with you!! I think I could work a deal where she gets a pool and I get another garage. haha

So as far as tuning, how do the GM guys do it? I'm used to the hand helds on the for side. Same sort of deal?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts