Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
cts-v
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recent news has included GM as a customer for Takata airbags which reminds me of some older posts about their side airbags going off randomly while tracking or cruising. Could the Takata airbags also be installed there or are they just in the steering wheel? Also, any one here actually have a recall pending in safecar.gov?

·
Registered
12 Wagon Hennessey 700, SB wheels, Corsa
160 Posts
It will take a while before the VIN's associated with this expanded recall appear on any web site. Having Said that, it appears that most cars manufactured after 2006-2008 likely won't be affected. As for Cadillac, thus far they have not been involved, although that might change. You can visit GM's web site for Cadillac recalls by VIN. Thus far, nothing shows up for my 2012.

All I have seen thus far involves dash and steering wheel SRS systems. I don't believe the errant deployment of V airbags is related to this canister shrapnel issue. But it would be nice to understand what that is all about. Given the current state of affairs with air bags, our problem will likely fester for a great deal longer.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,840 Posts
Sad part is if Takata is a GM supplier you can bet we are driving around with them right now. My VIN isn't on the list yet either but I'm betting it will be.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V wagon
500 Posts
I believe the only GM product using the Takata's is the vibe, which is really a toyota rebadge'd.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,171 Posts
Vibe was made in, what was it called, Nummi? plant, a joint venture manufacturing plant in California? Depending on your point of view, the Toyota was a rebadged Pontiac.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
I am relieved because the wife's Pilot just had the airbag recall done on it. I would have sued the s**t out of Takata had the airbag blown up and hurt her. Likelihood of it was low, but still...

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Nope.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts