Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood FWD / 2000 ETC / 2000 STS / 2006 STS V-8 1SF RWD
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...
I need to replace the Right Taillight Assembly on my 2000 STS.
I contacted GMPartsDirect and located an Assembly.

This is the reply I received from GMPartsDirect:
"16524767 is the drivers side tail lamp, and is the correct part number
per the VIN supplied."

I am confused that the reply listed the left tail lamp (since I need a right)
The part number from my hard copy of the Seville parts list is:
R/L 16524768-7 meaning R=16524768 and L=16524767
Correct?

I'm also gonna call the dealer to verify.

Can anyone who has replaced their Taillight Assembly reply with their part number?

Thanks...

Oh...I was backing out of my driveway at 9 AM on a Saturday...and...do I really need to finish this story?
The car I hit was my neighbor's neice.
I told her to contact StateFarm and tell them what happened (both insured w/SF) but she insisted on calling the police (not always necessary). The cop explained that a ticket is "discretionary". I got a ticket for failure to yield.
Worse, the black cop asked me, a white guy who lives in a black neighborhood, "And what are YOU doing here?" I thought of several clever things to say, but decided it wasn't in my best interest!
When they both left, I was talking with my other neighbor who saw what happened and provided me with the MISSING LINK:
It seems that the lady I hit was also backing out of her Aunt's driveway at the same time! That explains why I didn't see her! She didn't offer this information when I was getting my ticket! I think the officer must have thought I just backed out in front of a car going 25 mph down my street! So I think I'm gonna dispute the ticket...doesn't hurt to try. Maybe I can prove that she rear-ended me and it's her fault!?!

She had a tattoo that read...
(are you ready for this?)

"PRISSY PRINCESS!"

I have nothing more to add...lol

PS...the reason I posted was to get the correct part number for the taillight assembly, remember?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts