Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas about how to get rid of the condensation inside the tail light lens? It looks bad. Does GM have a fix for it?

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac Premium AWD CTS
710 Posts
It has been covered here numerous of time. You can do a search and you will find it. I have some condensation in my lense, i am just going to buy a new one oppose to the fix mentioned on this forum, where they say to take it out and drill some holes at the bottom to let it air out. Then they say to use some kind of sealer but can't remember what but with a search you will find it..

David

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have taken mine off my car and used a hair dryer on them. I have also replaced all 4 as well. I am reluctant to drill holes in them because I think water will get inside of the lenses. My replacements are better but I still get the occasional fogging. Good luck.

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
Re: Tail Light Condensation

Specifically, no.

Generally? Drill a hole in the light somewhere like the back where it can be sealed back up, but a vacuum line can be attached. Water boils at a lower temp when in a vacuum. If you can seal it enough to hold a vacuum you can connect it up the engine vacuum and drive and it will suck the water out over time. Same way AC systems need to be drawn down in vacuum to ensure all water is gone.

·
Registered
1999 STS (Z rated, Right hand drive)
207 Posts
I had the same problem with my previous car, a 1997 STS,
drilled two holes in the bottom in between the cavity and the condensation disappeared after a few days,
There is no need to seal the holes back up or reseal the lens itself.
water does not get in because the holes are underneath, they allow air to freely circulate through the cavity keeping it dry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts