Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 3.6L Y43 Hotchkis Stage-1TVS-totaled, 13 Subaru WRX
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I want to smoke my taillights and i was wondering if anyone who has done this has a OEM set laying around b/c they got a fresh set to paint. I will pay you for it/ send u back my clear ones after I smoke one of the sets/ or just keep paying the kind gesture forward and pass them on to the next member that wants to smaoke their tail lights. There should be a set in someones garage, no reason everyone who smokes their tail lights has to have 2 sets.

If no one can help me with this I will be going to the junk yard and get a set off of a fallen CTS (R.I.P). If someone else is interested in smoking their tailights also, respond, we can split the cost and then I will send you a set so you can do the same, and then you can send your clear set to someone else, so on and so forth. Sound like a plan!

X

·
0 Posts
I so want to smoke my tail lights but I don't understand why you need to replace them? Don't you just paint them with the tail light paint with several light coats?
Hey All,

I want to smoke my taillights and i was wondering if anyone who has done this has a OEM set laying around b/c they got a fresh set to paint. I will pay you for it/ send u back my clear ones after I smoke one of the sets/ or just keep paying the kind gesture forward and pass them on to the next member that wants to smaoke their tail lights. There should be a set in someones garage, no reason everyone who smokes their tail lights has to have 2 sets.

If no one can help me with this I will be going to the junk yard and get a set off of a fallen CTS (R.I.P). If someone else is interested in smoking their tailights also, respond, we can split the cost and then I will send you a set so you can do the same, and then you can send your clear set to someone else, so on and so forth. Sound like a plan!

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want a spare set so I can do it over a day or two and make sure i did it well. My CTS is my DD.

X

·
0 Posts
ah...let me know how it goes. I'm gonna do mine soon. If the LV meet goes off I'll need to do all my mods before March.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
bump

·
Registered
2004 Black Raven 3.6L Sport/Luxury
834 Posts
I bought a spare set of all 3 off ebay. They were a bit rough so I used polishing compound to clean them up and they came out fine. Watch ebay, there are a few there now. I also keep the clean set in case I fail at inspection time...

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:bump: no one too interested in doing this w/ me.

NYYankHater if I dont get my desired response out of this thread u think we can work something out where i get the set u have laying around and send u back the set i take off my car. Ill pay for all shipping and whatever else.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
So if you send me your smoked tails, I will send you my stock ones?

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't read your original post correctly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts