Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I drive an 03 cts with the clock on the cluster. I know they switched it to the cluster with the temp gauge which is why i am putting that out there. However, i was driving down the interstate today and noticed i was only turning about 1600 rpms at 70 mph. Normally im up around 2350 or 2400. When i got off the interstate and came to stoplight the tac went all the way to 0 and stayed there. the car idled fine and ran fine. i took off kind of hard and everything shifted and felt fine. However, the tac still was incorrect. when i got to work and parked, the tac went to 0 again so i turned the car off then turned it back on to see what it would do. the tac came up to idle speed and seemed fine after the restart. does anybody know what could cause this?

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
possibly a loose connection would be my first thought...have you ever pulled the cluster out? or added an alarm or anything of sorts were you would have played with any wires in that area?

·
Registered
2003 CTS
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
to my knowledge the cluster has not been out of the car. i personally have not had it out. i am the 2nd owner of this vehicle though. loose connection is what came to mind for me as well though

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 2005 80,000 Miles
983 Posts
Ok, I drive an 03 cts with the clock on the cluster. I know they switched it to the cluster with the temp gauge which is why i am putting that out there. However, i was driving down the interstate today and noticed i was only turning about 1600 rpms at 70 mph. Normally im up around 2350 or 2400. When i got off the interstate and came to stoplight the tac went all the way to 0 and stayed there. the car idled fine and ran fine. i took off kind of hard and everything shifted and felt fine. However, the tac still was incorrect. when i got to work and parked, the tac went to 0 again so i turned the car off then turned it back on to see what it would do. the tac came up to idle speed and seemed fine after the restart. does anybody know what could cause this?

try doing a reset (disconnect battery for 15 mins). The tac is run by the computer. So if the computer isn't complaining the tac may not be calibrated or its physically broken. If you can bring it to a mech who has a reader that shows RPMS this will confirm that the computer is reading the rpms correctly.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
Also check the fuses. There was a member on here who was having Tach issues as well, electrical problems, and it ended up being a fuse.

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
:yeah: and that means all of the fuses under the hood and under the back seat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts