Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTSV 500rwhp, 96 FTS-V T56 previously, 95 T56 Impala SS
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Thought you might want to see the Hurst Super Boot installed. I think it looks pretty sweet. Got the BBHP #65 shift ball on it too.

So what do you guys think??? Think I should keep it like that or make a console work with buckets? I LOVE the old school look it's got going right now, but a console and buckets'd make it look factory... What do you guys think? :confused:

-Bill

** Hoping this doesn't start another pointless debate **

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
What he said!

·
Registered
1994 STS - pearl white
140 Posts
Well, you don't see that in a Caddy every day (or any day).

While I do like the look of the shifter, it does look out of place. Then again, maybe that's partly the point?!?

If you don't go with the console, swap a stitched leather boot, lose the chrome flange & replace the ball with a leather-wrapped pistol grip... once you've got the shift pattern memorized ;) Then again, that's just my taste speaking.

A good auto interior shop should be able to come up with something elegant.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'm kinda thinking the same thing... The whole idea of the car up to this point has been keeping it looking stock, but with a twist. This kinda blows that out of the water. ;) (But I still love the old school muscle car look this shifter gives the car!!)

I'm looking for a decent console, but am not having much luck finding anything that screams Cadillac... Any suggestions? I already tried a Riviera console, Camaro Z28 console and a Dodge Neon (don't laugh, it's nice :D ) console. Out of those 3, I like the Neon one the best. But it still doesn't look quite right.

I also picked up a pair of Eldorado Buckets to use so I don't have to cut up my stock seat.

Anyone got any suggestions? :confused:

Oh, also... I need a slightly longer shift handle that is angled towards me, does anyone have a link to Hurst shift handles or something?

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Site must be down for a bit... I can still see them though... Must be cached... Check back in a bit. The site occasionally goes down for no reason... They were working earlier...

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Hey you can get a long angled shifter out of an old pick-up and that'll finish off JUST RIGHT ;)
Unfortunately, that boot and shifter makes it look like some high school kids project. I'd go with the console so you can easily change it to an auto when you get tired of shifting ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts