Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'95 ETC, black
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
My 95 ETC is coming up with the "Traction Disabled" warning on the dash, putting the car into "limp mode" with no first gear, and throwing a T073 "PCM - EBTCM/EBCM Pulse Width Modulation Signal Fault" code. After reading other postings and checking the connections to the PCM and EBTCM (all clean and tight), I've come to the conclusion I may need a new PCM. The dealer will sell me one for $260, but then informed me I have to bring the car in to let the service department install because it has to be "programmed" - can you guys tell me what is involved in programming it? Is this procedure outlined in the service manual? And hey, where can I get a service manual? ;-)
Thanks for your help,
Scott

·
Registered
2008 SRX
403 Posts
Following is the title and a small excerpt from an old bulletin. It applies to '96 models but I have found that '95 models have the same condition. If I remember correctly, the P/N and ID# are the - double check that.
TRACTION CONTROL INDICATOR 'ON', DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE #63-50-16 - (Apr 26, 1996)
SUBJECT: TRACTION CONTROL INDICATOR "ON", DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC) 73 SET (REPLACE EBTCM)

2. IF THE DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE TREE AND AID DOES NOT CORRECT THE CONDITION, CHECK THE EBTCM SOFTWARE LEVEL USING A SCAN TOOL OR ON-BOARD PARAMETERS: "TCS DATA PARAMETER TC D07, ECU ID B". IF THE PARAMETER READS "4065", REPLACE THE EBTCM WITH P/N 25633191. THE NEW MODULE WILL HAVE A PARAMETER VALUE OF "4205".

·
Registered
96 SLS
160 Posts
"TCS DATA PARAMETER TC D07, ECU ID B". IF THE PARAMETER READS "4065", REPLACE THE EBTCM WITH P/N 25633191. THE NEW MODULE WILL HAVE A PARAMETER VALUE OF "4205".

I replaced EBTCM in my 96 SLS with part from salvage yard from 96 STS. old EBTCM had 4065 and replacement has 4065 parameter. I am still getting Tracion control light. they are sending me a replacement. If replacement show same parameter does that mean it is faulty also?

·
Registered
'95 ETC, black
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where and how do you read the "TCS Data Parameter"? Is this different on the 96 OBDII cars from the 95 OBDI cars?

·
Registered
'95 ETC, black
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Guys (anybody?),
What can you tell me about programming the PCM? Is this something I can do at home?
Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
2008 SRX
403 Posts
The 95 PCM doesn't get programmed, you just swap the PROM. Data parameters are in on-board diagnostics....OFF & PASS side Warmer, codes will start to display, fan down until "TCS CODES ?", fan down, then when "TCS DATA ?" displays press fan up and scroll through the data. - This stuff is hard to remember without a car or FSM in front of me (hope its right).

·
Registered
'95 ETC, black
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reply Cad-Tech, but unlike the PCM section, the TCS section only has one option - "Clear Codes?".

Good to know about the programming - so I can just buy a new/rebuilt/used PCM and plug my PROM in and be good to go, yes?

Thanks,
Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts