Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just a couple of quick questions. I was taking the shroud from around front which covers the Radiator and has the rubber seal all around the engine compartment. i noticed a wire with a sensor of some sort just hanging there right by the hood release. Has a push on clip not clipped in. I don't know what it is for. any one?

Also the inter-cooler heat exchanger. It uses the water from the engine to disperse the heat? I see two pipes coming into the back of the blower followed them to the front which is the inter-cooler Got pink coolant in it. This part of the cooling system? Seems crazy to use 200 deg water to cool the incoming air charge. Am i correct here? that is the way it is set up. Gotta be a cooler way to cool down the charge don't you think?

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i
1,840 Posts
Hey guys just a couple of quick questions. I was taking the shroud from around front which covers the Radiator and has the rubber seal all around the engine compartment. i noticed a wire with a sensor of some sort just hanging there right by the hood release. Has a push on clip not clipped in. I don't know what it is for. any one?
Collision sensor? (for airbag deployment)
Also the inter-cooler heat exchanger. It uses the water from the engine to disperse the heat? I see two pipes coming into the back of the blower followed them to the front which is the inter-cooler Got pink coolant in it. This part of the cooling system? Seems crazy to use 200 deg water to cool the incoming air charge. Am i correct here? that is the way it is set up. Gotta be a cooler way to cool down the charge don't you think?
I believe it's a separate system with its own reservoir, etc.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well that is what i thought. That would make sense. Just more familiar with turbos and air intercoolers as on my old GN. Miss that car. Will find another one of those and build a rocket powered QUICKSIX ( my old plate) someday.

·
Registered
2011 GTR
1,026 Posts
Yes, the heat exchanger has it's own lines and not connected to radiator. It also has an electric pump that makes the water flow. All roots blowers use this type of cooling for whatever reason (over my head). What we need is a larger heat exchanger to help with cooling (among other things).

Mark

·
Registered
cts v
212 Posts
my thermostat arrived and i dont have a manual either. can anyone post some directions (or pics/video) on the install? help a brother out.

·
Registered
2011 GTR
1,026 Posts
find the water pump, and then you will see the water neck (upper radiator hose connects to water neck). should be 2 bolts holding neck to water pump. remove the 2 bolts and switch out the t-stat. make sure the engine is cold or you will burn yourself. chances are you might have to remove a few things to get to the water neck easier.

Mark

·
Registered
cts v
212 Posts
thanks muscles! i currently trying to put on the wait4me 3 inch exhaust. jesse said it was a15 minute job. well, yeah with a lift and power tools:yup: but it will take me a little bit longer!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts