Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS 3.6 Base Trim
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone out in the world can help me with this issue. Few weeks ago I had to install a new battery and after doing so I was unable to set the clock and date. well today I
decided to unhook the battery for awhile to see if it would resolve my issue. Well it did not resolve the issue, what it did was gave me another and worse issue then what I had.
What I have now is a WTF did I just do?????? What I have is a white screen that is showing "SYSTEM SOFTWARE" WRONG DISK MENU that wont go away! I'm assuming I need the correct CD and/or DISK to reinstall the SYSTEM SOFTWARE and/or FIRMWARE???? where and how do I get my hands on these disks? I'm also not wanting to go to the dealership for that they will reap me off and may have no clue on what to do to resolve this issue!

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 SRX LUX 2014 CTS LUX Phantom Grey (previously 2008 STS)
1,997 Posts
I'm also not wanting to go to the dealership for that they will reap me off and may have no clue on what to do to resolve this issue!
Don't think you have much choice kemosabe

·
Registered
06 STS-V & 06 STS 4 (sold 2016)
2,744 Posts
Sounds like you were messing around in the hidden menu and pushed the button to upgrade software, which (unfortunately) is a bad idea.

Best bet is to find a dealer who still has the 2 firmware update CDs and the Tech II. Tech II is a requirement for installation of the firmware, not just the CDs.

Otherwise it's a brick.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
An update,,,,,,,, I was able to resolve the white screen with the "SYSTEM SOFTWARE" WRONG DISK MENU. I'm now back to my first issue witch is I still cant set the clock and date??? I'm not understanding why GM(Cadillac) felt the need to make something that has been around in vehicles for many years as in a simple clock and have it in away that it could and would be a problem in the future?????? Why would they have the clock and the date to only work and be able to adjust only if the GPS is working? They should've had it to work(backup) even if the GPS in the car wasnt working or if the satellite was down!!!! Things that make you go WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found the file that I needed and burnt it on a cd to reinstall the firmware I only needed one cd! How ever there are two files one that is cd1 and the other cd2 I only used the file that was cd1!

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,334 Posts
Glad you got your issue resolved. Going forward it would be helpful if you edit your profile to include year/model/trim and your location.

·
Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
518 Posts
I am glad you resolved the system menu - wrong disk problem. For future readers, please include all the details of how you fixed it ie. where you got the CD, name of CD, what buttons you pushed etc. Would you provide copies of this disk for others? I am assuming it is not a copyrighted disk.

Insert the mandatory grumble about the NAV/time issue here >>>>

I have one without time and one with time still ( hope the battery stays healthy)
Thanks for coming back and sharing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm back with more information hope this will help others with or without the same issue as me??? Well I created the issue that I solved with the "SYSTEM SOFTWARE" WRONG DISK MENU was trying to resolve the "Time and Date" issue, after changing the battery.I went to the hidden menu with 9448 secret code and was playing around in there and I decided to click on the "S/W UPDATE" the next menu says something like "be sure to read handbook" something on those lines and then saying "do you want to clear"(YES or NO) again something on those lines well I'M guessing you all know what I clicked on "YEEEESSSSSS" and thats where I F**K UP and got the next screen that showed "SYSTEM SOFTWARE" WRONG DISK MENU

Now on to how I resolved the "SYSTEM SOFTWARE" WRONG DISK MENU I found a link to files to burn on a CD to reinstall the software, now if you do research it would say you need both CD's cd1 and cd2 and also a Tech2 in order to install the software I did not need CD2 only CD1 and I also didnt need the Tech2

steps
1)download the files both CD1 and CD2 just in case you may need both??

2) burn CD1 and CD2 on a CD not a DVD

3)after burning go into car and if your screen is showing "SYSTEM SOFTWARE" WRONG DISK MENU just put in the cd where the MAP DVD would go wait for few seconds or more and the NAVIGATION unit will take over and will start installing the software, now on my unit I was able to see a GREEN PROGRESS bar it may or may not be the same for you????? after its done the unit will shut off, for me it shut off and didnt power back on I had to power it back on and wham I saw the Cadillac screen menu.

Now if your screen isnt showing "SYSTEM SOFTWARE" WRONG DISK MENU then you would have to get into the hidden menu and use the secret code "9448"

Steps
1)you would need the MAP DVD for this to work

2)open up the MAP and click on MENU

3)now on the middle top of the screen come down about one or two fingers width and press until the menu comes up to input the secret code "9448"

4)after inputting the code the hidden menu will come up when it does this is when you want to insert the CD to install the software again wait for few seconds or so and the Unit will take over!

5)repeat for CD2 if you need it???

for those who need or want the files to burn contact me and I can see what I can do to get them to you!!!!!!!

HOPE this helps?????

·
Registered
2008 STS Northstar RWD, 2000 Trans Am WS6 6 spd, 1968 LeMans convertible 6.6
269 Posts
joejr, did this resolve your clock issue too?

·
Registered
2004 cadillac cts
3 Posts
Joejr I need tha,t I pretty much did the exact same thing you did. Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 - 11 of 11 Posts